Slavniki in the singing book of "Prazdniki" (“Feasts”) as a text of art
Olekhnovich Elena (2017)
"Slavniki in the singing book of "Prazdniki" (“Feasts”) as a text of art ",
Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta.
Seriia V : Voprosi istorii i teorii hristianskogo iskusstva
pp. 39-50 (in Russian).
DOI of the paper: 10.15382/sturV201727.39-50
This article analyses the genre of stichera-slavnik of the Twelve Great Feasts from
the point of a text of art. The main object of research is relationships and principles
of organisation of the genre of stichera which make possible its inclusion in various
contextual structures positioning this genre within the framework of the singing book
of the Feasts. The main method of the study is the analysis of images and meanings of
poetical and musical texts of slavniki with the aim of detecting the intertwining artistic
techniques. Among other features, there can be traced musical and poetical symbols
in their interrelationship, arcs in content, intonation and poetics, systematic and
non-systematic structural elements on various levels. Besides, the paper discusses the musical composition of slavniki within echoi, which allows us to evaluate the intonation
links developed in the book, which are provided for by slavniki, and to obtain a deeper
insight in the substance of the concept of echos. It has been found out as a result of the
study that slavniki function as key elements in the structure of the Feasts. They make up
crosspoints of meanings, and both verbal and singing texts participate in this process.
The integral role of slavniki in structuring the poetics of the book will allow us to study
festive stichera not as separate and unconnected hymns but as an integrated system with meaningful regularities of organisation.
- Averincev S. S. Sofija-Logos. Slovar'. Kiev, 2001.
- Brazhnikov M. V. Litsa i fity znamennogo raspeva. Issledovanie. Leningrad, 1984.
- Kruchinina A. N. K probleme tekstologicheskogo izuchenĳ a drevnerusskogo monodĳ nogo cikla Problemy russkoj muzykal'noj tekstologii (po pamjatnikam russkoj horovoj literatury 12–18 vekov): sb. naychn. tr. Leningrad, 1983,. 47–78.
- Lotman Ju. M. Izbrannye stat'i v treh tomah. Tallinn, 1992, 1.
- Lotman Ju. M. Ob iskusstve. Saint Petersburg, 1998.
- Orlova A. L. Drevnerusskoe pesnopenie kak hudozhestvennyj tekst. Drevnerusskoe pesnopenie. Puti vo vremeni: Po materialam konferencii «Brazhnikovskie chtenĳ a-2002»: mat. Saint Petersburg, 2004, 27-38.
- Ramazanova N. V. Moskovskoe carstvo v cerkovno-pevcheskom iskusstve 16–18 vekov. Saint Petersburg, 2004.
- Lingvisticheskĳ jenciklopedicheskĳ slovar'. Moscow, 1990.
Information about the author
Olekhnovich Elena Place of work:
The Rimsky-Korsakov St. Petersburg State Conservatory; 3, Teatralnaya square, Saint Petersburg 190000, Russian Federation; Email: