Principles and content of archpriest V. V. Zenkovsky’s christian and anthropological conception of education
Bliznetsova Yuliya (2022)
"Principles and content of archpriest V. V. Zenkovsky’s christian and anthropological conception of education ",
Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta.
Seriia IV : Pedagogika. Psihologiia
pp. 36-46 (in Russian).
DOI of the paper: 10.15382/sturIV202267.36-46
By historical and pedagogical analysis a complex of ideas that represents the core of V.V. Zenkovsky’s Christian-anthropological concept of education was revealed. The conceptual core includes ideas: Christian anthropology, Orthodox culture, holistic synthesis. These ideas determine the content of the basic pedagogical concepts, the goals of education, the principles and content of education.Person in the Christian-anthropological concept of education V.V. Zenkovsky is the bearer of the Image Divine, the main expression of which is the beginning of personality. Education in the concept of the scientist is defined as helping the child in individual spiritual growth, in revealing the the Image Divine and mastering the “gift” of freedom through churching. The goal of education is to restore the integrity of a person.The following principles of the Christian-anthropological concept are defined: recognition of the Image Divine as the beginning of personality; Christocentricity; a holistic personality; hierarchies in the human constitution; individuality; catholicity; freedom; churching. The content of education in the concept of V.V. Zenkovsky covers all aspects of a person and includes: religious, intellectual, physical, education of discipline, moral, aesthetic, sexual, social, national education. Religious education has a priority among other directions, as it is aimed at developing the spiritual sphere of the individual, which has primacy over the psychophysical in accordance with the principle of hierarchy in the human constitution.
Ideas of Christian anthropology, V.V. Zenkovsky, V.V. Zenkovsky’s Christian-anthropological concept of education, principles of education, directions of education, religious education
- Bobryshov S. (2020) “Razrabotka i izuchenie kontseptsii”, in V. Ryndak (ed.) Metodologiia pedagogiki. Moscow, pp. 68–81 (in Russian).
- Strategiia natsional′noi bezopasnosti Rossiiskoi Federatsii: ukaz Prezidenta RF ot 02.07.2021 № 400 “O Strategii natsional′noi bezopasnosti Rossiiskoi Federatsii”, in Sobranie Zakonodatel'stva RF, 2021, no. 27, col. 5351, pp. 18803–18825, available at https://www.szrf.ru/issuepdf/2021/1002021027020.pdf#page=179&zoom=100 (in Russian; accessed 04.05.2022).
- Zen′kovskii V. (1928) “O religioznom vospitanii v sem′e”. Voprosy religioznogo vospitaniia i obrazovaniia. Paris, 1928, no. 3, pp. 56–95 (in Russian).
- Zen′kovskii V. (1929) “Religioznoe vospitanie i religioznoe obrazovanie”. Biulleten′ Religioznopedagogicheskogo kabineta. Paris, 1929, no. 4, pp. 1–2 (in Russian).
- Zen′kovskii V. (1988) “Printsipy pravoslavnoi antropologii”. Vestnik RSKhD, 1988, no. 2 (153), pp. 5–20 (in Russian).
- Zen′kovskii V. (1988) “Printsipy pravoslavnoi antropologii (Prodolzhenie)”. Vestnik RSKhD, 1988, no. 3 (154), pp. 67–91 (in Russian).
- Zen′kovskii V. (1993) Problemy vospitaniia v svete khristianskoi antropologii. Moscow (in Russian).
- Zen′kovskii V. (2002) “Sotsial′noe vospitanie, ego zadachi i puti”, in Pedagogicheskie sochineniia. Saransk, pp. 83–138 (in Russian).
- Zen′kovskii V. (2002) “Tserkov′ i shkola” , in Pedagogicheskie sochineniia. Saransk, 191–205 (in Russian).
Information about the author
Bliznetsova Yuliya Student status:
Graduate student; Student status:
Graduate student; Academic Rank:
Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences; Place of study:
Tver State University; Post:
teacher; ORCID: 0000-0002-0283-918X