The political, economic, social, and spiritual changes taking place in Russia at the turn of the 20th and 21th centuries contributed to the revival of religious education. The introduction of the study of religious culture in the country's educational institutions has necessitated the training of appropriate teaching staff. The opening of the educational program for distance learning "Religious culture, ethics, enlightenment and volunteering at school" within the framework of the bachelor's program on 44.03.01 "Pedagogical education" at St. Tikhon Orthodox University for the humanities has become one of the ways to solve the identified problem.The article is devoted to the consideration of the basics of designing the author's training course, which, as part of the training of teachers according to the above program, helps to fully prepare teachers of religious (Orthodox) culture and dogma.Based on civilizational, comparative, axiological, historical approaches, as well as the categorical component of the paradigm approach, lexical and contextual analysis, the author of the article defines a new definition of "School religious and educational literature", characterizes the periods of development of this literature, pointing to the role and its significance in the cause of public education, shows the continuity of religious culture from Byzantium and its influence on the formation and development of educational and religious literature in Russia. In addition, he singles out the main types of educational literature on religion, and also points out the requirements for the content and design of a textbook on the Law of God, formulated by pre-revolutionary Methodist teachers of the law.Further, the author gives the rationale for the introduction of the course "School Religious and Educational Literature", developed for students of correspondence courses studying under the program "Religious Culture, Ethics, Educational and Volunteer Activities at School" and its methodological description.
Law of God, foundations of the Orthodox faith, foundations of Orthodox culture, Orthodox education, religious and educational literature, educational book, teacher training
- Bezrogov V.,Kosheleva O. (2013) Metodologicheskieaspekty sravnitel'nykh issledovanij v izuchenii uchebnoj literatury[Methodological aspects of comparative research in the study of educationalliterature] // Otechestvennaya i zarubezhnaya pedagogika. Vol.4. p. 6-22. Moscow (in Russian).
- Boguslavskij M. (2012) Istoriya pedagogiki:metodologiya, teoriya, personalii [History of pedagogy: methodology,theory, personalities]: Monografiya. – M.: FGNU ITIP RАO, Izdatel'skij tsentr IEHT, 434 p. Moscow (in Russian).
- GalaguzovaM. (2016) Nauchnye i normativnye ponyatiya v pedagogicheskikh issledovaniyakh[Scientific and normative concepts in pedagogical research] // Pedagogicheskienauki. p. 4-7 (in Russian).
- DivnogortsevaS. (2007) Ispol'zovanie naslediya russkojpravoslavnoj pedagogiki v obrazovatel'nom protsesse sovremennogo vuza[Using the heritage of Russian Orthodox pedagogy in the educational process ofa modern university] / S.YU. Divnogortseva // Gumanitarnoe znanie v sovremennominformatsionnom obshhestve: sb. mater. nauch.-prakt. konf.: SarFTI, p. 48–50.Sarov (in Russian).
- Divnogortseva S. (2011) Pravoslavnayapedagogicheskaya kul'tura Rossii [Orthodox pedagogical culture of Russia]// Vestnik PSTGU IV: Pedagogika i psikhologiya. Vol.1 (20). p. 71-80. Moscow (in Russian).
- Zandanova L.,Kulakova, Ya. (2019) Podgotovka budushhego uchitelya krealizatsii regional'nogo komponenta pri izuchenii istorii v shkole: opytprakticheskoj raboty [Preparing a future teacher for the implementation ofthe regional component in the study of history at school: practical work experience]/ L.V. Zandanova, YA.V. Kulakova // Uchenye zapiski ZabGU. T. 14. Vol. 4. p.68-75 (in Russian).
- Ivlyanova E. (2021)Religioznyj minimum v soderzhanii azbuk ibukvarej pravoslavnogo missionerskogo obshhestva dlya novokreshhennykhinorodtsev [Religious minimum in the content of the alphabets and primersof the Orthodox missionary society for newly baptized foreigners]/Otechestvennaya i zarubezhnaya pedagogika. T.1. Vol.3 (76). p. 153-170. Moscow (in Russian).
- Ivlyanova E. (2022)Uchebnik po Zakonu Bozhiyu dlyanachal'noj shkoly v nachale XX veka: funktsii, trebovaniya i kriterii otsenki[Textbook on the Law of God for elementary school at the beginning of the 20thcentury: functions, requirements and evaluation criteria] / E.А. Ivlyanova //Istoriya i aktual'nye problemy religioznogo (khristianskogo) obrazovaniya vRossii i za rubezhom: Kollektivnaya monografiya / nauch. red. S.YU. Divnogortseva. – M.: Izd-vo PSTGU. 268 s., p.34-57. Moscow (in Russian).
- Ivlyanova E. (2020)Tsennosti i tsennostnye orientiry vsoderzhanii uchebnykh knig po pravoslavnoj kul'ture (na primere uchebnika«Osnovy pravoslavnoj kul'tury» protodiakona Аndreya Kuraeva) [Values and value orientationsin the content of educational books on Orthodox culture (on the example of thetextbook "Fundamentals of Orthodox Culture" by Protodeacon AndreyKuraev)]/ E. А.Ivlyanova // Obrazovatel'naya sreda organizatsii: prostranstvo dlyadukhovno-nravstvennogo i patrioticheskogo vospitaniya: materialy IIMezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferentsii (29 noyabrya 2019).–:Upravlenie informatsionnykh resursov Izh GTU imeni M. T. Kalashnikova, p. 44-52.Izhevsk (in Russian).
- Sklyarova T. (2017)Soderzhanie sovremennogo pravoslavnogoobrazovaniya v Rossii: problemy vyyavleniya, printsipy konstruirovaniya isozdaniya uchebnoj literatury [The Content of Contemporary OrthodoxEducation in Russia: Problems of Identification, Principles of Construction andCreation of Educational Literature] // Bogosluzhebnye praktiki i kul'tovyeiskusstva v sovremennom mire: Sbornik materialov mezhdunarodnoj nauchnojkonferentsii: Izd-vo «Magarin O.G.», p. 818-837. Majkop (in Russian).
- Smirnov V. (2014)Uchebnaya kniga po pedagogike: otproshlogo k budushhemu [Educational book on pedagogy: from the past to thefuture] // Istoriko-pedagogicheskij zhurnal. p. 24 – 38. Nizhnij Tagil (in Russian).
Ivlyanova Ekaterina Academic Degree:
Doctor of Theology; Place of work:
Department of Pedagogy, Faculty of History and Philology, PSTGU; ORCID: 0000-0001-7360-0187
The article was supported by a grant from the PSTGU Development Fund and the Living Tradition Foundation for the Development of Science, Education and Family “Scientific and methodological foundations for building the course “Methods for studying Orthodox dogma at school””