The article presents the results of studying the features of representations of care in students of psychological and pedagogical direction and gives their psychological interpretation. The data obtained in the course of the research allow us to identify some areas for the development of adequate ideas about care in the preparation of bachelors in the field of psychology and pedagogy at the university. This seems necessary, since their future professional activities are directly related to providing care for their wards. Features of students ideas about care were studied by comparing them with the ideas about this phenomenon in experienced teachers of preschool educational institutions, as well as scientifi c understanding of it. Based on the analysis of scientifi c literature, we assumed: 1) associations related to the emotional component of care in connection with the intensive development of emotional potential in youth, a way of life that does not involve responsibility for other people will prevail in the ideas about the care of students in the fi eld of psychological and pedagogical education; 2) teachers ideas about care will refl ect its connection with activities, work, and are more saturated with characteristics related to the behavioral component of care, since, due to their richer life and professional experience of its implementation, care for them appears as a contribution to another, requiring the investment of their own forces. The main method of research was a group associative experiment, the results of which confi rmed our hypothesis. It was concluded that care is deeply woven into the life and work of educators, future educators and is associated with the phenomena of goodness, love, and warmth that are important for every person. Scientifi c ideas can enrich the ordinary, revealing the connection of care with meaning, with self-fulfi llment, showing not only its signifi cance for human life, but also for the World in general. Students of psychological and pedagogical direction in the course of training at the University should be equipped with specifi c tools for caring for wards, expanding its behavioral component, and show that care is, fi rst of all, work that is important to perform even when it does not bring pleasure.
care, care in pedagogical activity, ideas about care, development of ideas about care, features of students ideas, implicit picture of the world, associative experiment
- Amonashvili Sh. A. (2017) Bez serdtsa chto poimem? [Without a heart, what will we understand?]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Andreeva M. V., Baranov A. A. (2018) Psikhologiia zaboty cheloveka o cheloveke: fenomenologiia, ontogenez, empirika [Psychology of a person’s concern for a person: phenomenology, ontogenesis, empiricism]. Izhevsk (in Russian).
- Bystrova V. V. (2014) “Vospitatel̓naia sistema organizatsii pedagogicheskoi zaboty o podrostkakh, nakhodiashchikhsia v situatsii sotsial̓nogo neravenstva” [“The educational system of organizing pedagogical care for adolescents in situations of social inequality”]. Chelovek i obrazovanie, 2014, vol. 2 (39), pp. 140–144 (in Russian).
- Demina I. A. (2000) “Psikhologicheskie osobennosti planirovaniia budushchego v vozraste rannei iunosti” [“Psychological features of future planning in early adolescence”]. Izvestiia altaiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2000, vol. 2, pp. 18–22 (in Russian).
- Fromm E. Iskusstvo liubit' (2020) [The art of loving]. Moscow: AST (Russian translation).
- Kon I. S. (1989) Psikhologiia rannei iunosti [Psychology of early youth]. Moscow: Prosveshchenie (in Russian).
- May R. Liubov' i volia (1997) [Love and will]. Moscow: Refl-buk, Vakler (Russian translation).
- Oleinikova A. V. (2011) “Aktualizatsiia problemy formirovaniia tsennostno-smyslovykh orientatsii v iunosheskom vozraste” [“Actualization of the problem of formation of value-semantic orientations in youth”]. Vestnik Taganrogskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo institutа, 2011, vol. 2, pp. 135–139 (in Russian).
- Ovcharova R. V. (2003) Psikhologicheskoe soprovozhdenie roditel'stva [Psychological support for parenthood]. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo Instituta Psikhoterapii (in Russian).
- Petrenko V. F. (2005) Osnovy psikhosemantiki [Basics of psychosemantics]. St. Petersburg: Piter (in Russian).
- Platonova S. M., Dementei N. V. “Pedagogika obshchei zaboty kak prodolzhenie traditsii russkoi pedagogiki” [“Pedagogy of General care as a continuation of the traditions of Russian pedagogy”]. Sotsial'naia pedagogika, vol. 1–2, pp. 130–133 (in Russian).
- Popov L. M., Golubeva O. Iu., Ustin P. N. (2008) Dobro i zlo v eticheskoi psikhologii lichnosti [Good and evil in the ethical psychology of personality]. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo Institut psikhologii RAN (in Russian).
- Serkin V. P. (2008) Metody psikhologii sub»ektivnoi semantiki i psikhosemantiki [Methods of psychology subjective semantics and psychosemantics]. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo Pсhela (in Russian).
- Slobodchikov V.I., Isaev E.I. (1995) Osnovy psikhologicheskoi antropologii. Psikhologiia cheloveka: Vvedenie v psikhologiiu sub»ektivnosti [Fundamentals of psychological anthropology. Human psychology: Introduction to the psychology of subjectivity]. Moscow: Shkola-Press (in Russian).
- Tahka V. Psikhika i ee lechenie [Mind & Its Treatment: A Psychoanalytic Approach], available at: https://bookscafe.net/read/tehke_veykko-psihika_i_ee_lechenie_psihoanaliticheskiy_podhod-75057.html#p148 (08.12.2020).
- Volovikova M. I., Mustafi na L. Sh. (2017) “Issledovanie sotsial'nykh predstavlenii o sovesti uchashcheisia molodezhi» [«Research of social ideas about the conscience of students»]. Mir obrazovaniia — obrazovanie v mire, 2017, vol. 1, pp. 141–149 (in Russian).
- Winnicott D.W. (2005) Teoriia roditel'sko-mladencheskikh otnoshenii [The theory of the parentinfant relationship]. Zhurnal prakticheskoi psikhologii i psikhoanaliza, 2005, vol. 2, pp. 4–21 (in Russian).
- Yalom I. (2015) Ekzistentsial'naia psikhoterapiia [Existential psychotherapy]. Moscow: Кlass (Russian translation).
Andreeva Mariya Academic Degree:
Candidate of Sciences*
in Psychological Sciences; Place of work:
Udmurt State University; 1 Udmurtskaya Str., Izhevsk, 426 034, Russian Federation; Post:
associate professor in the Institute of psychology, pedagogy and social technologies; ORCID: 0000-0003-1995-3074
*According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, the degree of Candidate of Sciences (Cand.Sc.) belongs to ISCED level 8 — "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar.
Nine's gratitude to Devyatykh Svetlana Viktorovna for her help in collecting empirical data.