Voronin Sergey, диакон
Communicative and personal aspects of liturgical service in the dimension of the categorical framework of psychological cognition
Voronin Sergey (2020)
"Communicative and personal aspects of liturgical service in the dimension of the categorical framework of psychological cognition ",
Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta.
Seriia IV : Pedagogika. Psihologiia
pp. 107-119 (in Russian).
DOI of the paper: 10.15382/sturIV202059.107-119
Participation in the Liturgy has always been an important part of Christian life. In this article, based on the positions of various authors, researchers of the divine Liturgy, as well as the model of the categorical framework of psychological knowledge, an attempt is made to theoretically analyse the communicative and personal aspects of liturgical service. First of all, attention is drawn to the identifi cation of communicative and personal aspects in the analysis of liturgical service. This division sets out the overall direction of the analysis. Nevertheless, remembering the words of the Apostle Paul, “you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Gal. 3:28), it emphasises a certain conventionality of this division. The aim of the analysis proposed in this article is not to contrast conciliarity and individuality in liturgical service, but their separate consideration,which presupposes a certain understanding of the participant of the divine Liturgy, where the believer is an individual, I, a person who participates in public worship, shares the value of conciliarity and identifi es with the church as a community. In the present article, there is a certain symbiosis of psychological and liturgical analysis, which is subordinated to the above-mentioned purpose of the study. As a theoretical basis for such an analysis, the model of categorical framework of psychological knowledge of RAO academicians A. V. Petrovsky and M. G. Yaroshevsky was used. The author considers the liturgical service on the basis of “conditional verticals”, consisting of psychological categories, selected by the RAO academicians. Each of the “verticals conventional” content reflects the personal or communicative aspects of the liturgical celebration and includes four psychological categories of diff erent diffi culty levels (pathopsychological, basic, metapsychological, exceptionalities). At the end of the article the conclusions concerning the degree of independence and interrelation of the investigated aspects of liturgical service are formulated.
distinction, attitude, communication, participation, organism, individual, self, personality, readiness, attitude, orientation
- Averkii (Taushev), archbishop (2000) Liturgika [Liturgics]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Gurbolikov V. (2015) Hristianskaja ljubov'… k sebe [Christian love... for yourself]. Foma, vol. 10 (150), pp. 14–15 (in Russian).
- Dmitrievskĳ I. I. (2010) Istoricheskoe, dogmaticheskoe i tainstvennoe izjasnenie Bozhestvennoj Liturgii [Historical, dogmatic and mysterious exposition of the Divine Liturgy]. Moscow (in Russian).
- D'jachenko G., archpriest (2007) Polnyj cerkovno-slavjanskĳ slovar̕ [Full Church Slavonic dictionary]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Filaret Moskovskĳ , svt. (2013) Prostrannyj Pravoslavnyj Katehizis pravoslavnoj Kafolicheskoj Vostochnoj Cerkvi [A lengthy Orthodox Catechism of the Orthodox Catholic Eastern Church]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Meshherjakov B., Zinchenko V. (2003) Bol'shoj psihologicheskĳ slovar̕ [Great psychological dictionary]. St. Petersburg (in Russian).
- Petrovskĳ A.V. Jaroshevskĳ M.G. (1999) Osnovy teoreticheskoj psihologii [The foundations of theoretical psychology]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Semenov I. (2015). Personologĳ a Mihaila Grigor'evicha Jaroshevskogo kak istorika, teoretika, metodologa psihologii razvitĳ a lichnosti i tvorchestva v nauke [Personology of Mikhail Grigorievich Yaroshevsky as a historian, theorist, methodology of psychology of personality development and creativity in science]. Razvitie lichnosti, vol. 4, pp. 19–52 (in Russian).
- Shmeman A., archpriest (2019) Evharistĳa. Tainstvo Carstva [Eucharist. The Sacrament of the Kingdom]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Uajbru H. (2019) Pravoslavnaja Liturgĳa. Razvitie evharisticheskogo bogosluzhenĳ a vizantĳskogo obrjada [Orthodox Liturgy. The development of the Eucharistic Liturgy of the Byzantine rite]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Velikanov P., archpriest (2013) Liturgĳa: obshhee delo ili chastnyj biznes [Liturgy: common cause or private business]. Foma, vol. 8 (124), p. 24 (in Russian).
- Voronin S. (2018) Issledovanie osobennostej social'noj refl eksii pravoslavnogo svjashhennosluzhitelja [Research of features of social refl ection of the Orthodox priest]. Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. IV: Pedagogika. Psihologĳa, vol. 50, pp. 127–136 (in Russian).
Information about the author
Voronin Sergey, диакон Academic Degree:
Candidate of Sciences*
in Education; Place of work:
Sochi State University; 94, Plastunskaya Str., Sochi, 354000, Russian Federation; Post:
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology and Defectology; ORCID: 0000-0002-3530-1001
*According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, the degree of Candidate of Sciences (Cand.Sc.) belongs to ISCED level 8 — "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar.