Ideals of young people as foundations of psychosocial typology of the person
Egorov Ilya (2018)
"Ideals of young people as foundations of psychosocial typology of the person ",
Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta.
Seriia IV : Pedagogika. Psihologiia
pp. 97-113 (in Russian).
DOI of the paper: 10.15382/sturIV201851.97-113
This article analyses results of the study of ideals of young people. The author shows that similar content of ideals is a prerequisite of developing and preserving social connections and social groups. Besides, ideals act as moral and value-related regulators of social activity of the person. They determine the direction of self-development of the person in young age, and the maturity of the person. Based on empirical data, the article distinguishes meaningful semantic segments in the structure of ideals of students. Similar ideals allowed us to distinguish fi ve groups of young people with diff erent ideals. The first group is made up by young people who selected persons from their family as iseals; the second group are those who chose politicians or public fi gures; the third group are those who chose actors, rock-musicians, pop-singers, sportsmen; the fourth group chose prophets and saints as their ideals; the fi fth group chose poets, writers, philosophers. The subsequent comparison of personal characteristics in these groups has shown that meaningful diff erences between the groups are manisfested in the maturity of the person, in social identity, and in the degree of moral and ethical responsibility. The first group shows a low level of personal maturity and strong dependence on the social milieu; the second group shows high level of personal maturity, social pseudoidentity, full-fledged moral and ethical responsibility with clear-cut altruistic emotions and moral intuition; the third group has low level of personal maturity, independence and freedom from society, full-fl edged moral and ethical responsibility; the fourth group has a medium level of personal maturity, strong dependence on the social milieu, high level of moral and ethical responsibility with clear-cut altruism; the fi fth group has a medium level of personal maturity, asocial tendency, full-fl edged moral and ethical responsibility.
university students, ideal, personal characteristics, personal maturity, responsibility, direction of self-development, social identity, psychosocial type of personality
- Dal' V. (2007) Tolkovyi slovar' zhivogo velikorusskogo iazyka [Explanatory Dictionary of the Live Great Russian Language]. Moscow, 2007, reprint edition (in Russian).
- Kliuchko O. (ed.) (2015) Zhiznennye perspektivy uchashcheisia molodezhi: tsennosti i smysly bytiia [Life Prospects of Studying Young People: Values and Standards in Life]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Kronik A. (ed.) (1993) Skol'ko Vam let? [What is Your Age?]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Lekhin I. et al. (eds.) (1988) Slovar' inostrannykh slov [Dictionary of Foreign Words]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Ozhegov S. I. (1988) Slovar' russkogo iazyka [Dictionary of the Russian Language]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Rasskazova I., Simanina A. (2015) “Znachimye liudi Rossii dlia studentov pedagogicheskogo universiteta v soderzhanii ikh grazhdanskogo mirovospriiatiia” [“Prominent People of Russia for Students of Teacher Colleges in Content of their Civil World Outlook”], in I. Egorov, L. Filonov (eds.) Ezhegodnik nauchno-metodologicheskogo seminara “Problemy psikhologopedagogicheskoi antropologii”, vol. 5, pp. 67–77 (in Russian).
- Rasskazova I., Simanina A. (2015) “Idealy studentov pedagogicheskogo universiteta v soderzhanii ikh grazhdanskogo mirovospriiatiia” [“Ideals of Students of Teacher Colleges in the COntent of their Civil World Outlook”]. Sibirskii pedagogicheskii zhurnal. 2015, vol. 5, pp. 45–49 (in Russian).
- Riegel K. (1975) “Adult Life Crisis: A Dialectical Interpretation of Development”, in N. Datan, L. Ginsberg (eds.) Life-Span Developmental Psychology: Normative Life Crisis. New York, pp. 346–370.
- Shneider L. (ed.) (2016) Grazhdanskoe mirovospriiatie molodezhi: teoretiko-empiricheskoe issledovanie [Civil World Outlook of Young People: Theoretical and Empirical Study]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Shneider L., Khrustaleva V. (2014) “Assotsiativnyi test kak osnova konstruirovaniia metodiki izucheniia sotsial'noi identichnosti” [“Associative Test as a Foundation for Constructing the Methofology of Study of Social Identity”]. Vestnik RMAT, vol. 3, pp. 83–96 (in Russian).
- Timoshchuk I. (2004) “Diagnosticheskii instrumentarii issledovaniia nekotorykh aspektov otvetstvennosti u studentov-psikhologov” [“Diagnostic Inventory for Study of Certain Aspects of Responsibility among Studnets of Psychology”]. Prakticheskaia psikhologiia i sotsial'naia rabota. 2004, vol. 8, pp. 37–40 (in Russian).
Information about the author
Egorov Ilya Academic Degree:
Candidate of Sciences*
in Psychological Sciences; Academic Rank:
Associate Professor; Place of work:
Moscow City University 4; 2nd Sel'skokhoziaistvennyi proezd, Moscow, 129226, Russian Federation; Post:
Associate Professor; ORCID: 0000-0002-7302-5335
*According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, the degree of Candidate of Sciences (Cand.Sc.) belongs to ISCED level 8 — "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar.