Dialogical approach of T. A. Florenskaya and practice of consultation on problems of children’s high capability
Belova Elena (2018)
"Dialogical approach of T. A. Florenskaya and practice of consultation on problems of children’s high capability ",
Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta.
Seriia IV : Pedagogika. Psihologiia
pp. 87-101 (in Russian).
DOI of the paper: 10.15382/sturIV201850.87-101
This article is devoted to one of topical problems of modern psychology, namely the problem of support of high capability in the process of psychological advising. High capability is seen as a complex psychological phenomenon that includes the personality as a whole and is determined by higher spiritual aspects in the development of the individual. Particular attention is paid to the dialogical approach of T. A. Florenskaya in psychological advising. The article describes principles of a spiritually oriented dialogue developed by her and considered as a creative process. In T. A. Florenskaya's studies of spiritual development, the following aspects are emphasised: “the spiritual self” is manifested in the creativity of the person who pursues his/her creative vocation; this is facilitated by a dialogue with the external interlocutor, believing in his or her spiritual abilities. It is noted that giftedness can be manifested quite early, already in preschool age. The article sets out results of a psychological study aimed at identifying the specifi city of development of preschoolers with signs of high capability and supporting their talents. Among 290 preschoolers examined by means of a complex diagnostics, children with high creative potential — the main constituent of high capability — have been identifi ed: 13.6% out of examined children of 5-6 years of age, 15% out of a sample of 6-7-year-olds. A combination of high creative potential and insuffi ciently developed speech, communication, attention have been identifi ed in part of preschoolers who have signs of high capabality. Particularly often problems with the development of speech have been observed. The parents have been consulted as to the interaction with the child, which to the greatest degree would further his or her harmonious and fruitful development, the realisation of talents and overcoming of diffi culties. The use of dialogical approach has allowed us to direct parents to the discovery of such interaction. It is emphasised that such dialogue requires certain spiritual experience of the advisor, development of dialogical orientation in communication, ability to be in the state of creative openness.
dialogue, T. A. Florenskaya, spiritually-oriented communication, consulting, high capability, preschool age, parents, creative potential
- Florenskaya Tamara A. (1991) Dialog v prakticheskoj psihologii [Dialogue in Practical Psychology], Moscow (in Russian).
- Florenskaya Tamara A. (1998) Mir doma tvoego. Psihologĳa v zhizni [The Peace of your Home. Psychology in Life]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Florenskaya Tamara A. (2001) Dialogi o vospitanii i zdorov'e: duhovno-orientirovannaja psihoterapĳa [Dialogues on Upbringing and Health: Spiritually-Oriented Psychotherapy]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Inina Natalia V. Na puti k sebe [On the Way to Oneself], available at: www.psy-rpu.ru/education/articles/na-puti-k-sebe (03.08.2018).
- Kolpakova Marianna Iu. (2004) “Dialogicheskĳ podhod v psihologii i psihoterapii” [“Dialogical Approach in Psychology and Psychotherapy”]. Moskovskĳ psihoterapevticheskĳ zhurnal, 2004, no. 4, pp. 177–192 (in Russian).
- Kolpakova Marianna Iu. (2017) “Duhovno-orientirovannyj dialog v kontekste otechestvennoj kul'tury” [“Spiritually-Oriented Dialogue in the Context of National Culture”]. Vestnik PSTGU, Ser. IV: Pedagogika. Psihologĳa, 2017 no. 44, pp. 87–107 (in Russian).
- Kolpakova Marianna Iu. (2015) Preodolenie trevogi. Kak rozhdaetsja mir v dushe [Overcoming of Anxiety. How Piece is Born in the Soul]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Larionova Ludmila I. (2017) “Kul'turno-psihologicheskaja model' intellektual'noj odarennosti” [“Cultural-Psychological Model of Intellectual Capability”], in L. I. Larionova, A. I. Savenkov (eds). Psihologĳa odarennosti i tvorchestva: monografija [Psychology of Capability and Creativity: Monograph], Moscow, St Petersburg, pp. 125–137 (in Russian).
- Matjushkin Alexei M. (1989) “Koncepcĳ a tvorcheskoj odarennosti” [“The Concept of Creative Capability”]. Voprosy psychologii, 1989, no. 6, pp. 29–33 (in Russian).
- Tihonova Elena S. (2014) “Duhovno-orientirovannyj dialog v praktike pomoshhi detjam s obshhim nedorazvitiem rechi” [“Spiritually-Oriented Dialogue in the Practice of Helping Children with General Speech Underdevelopment”]. Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. IV: Pedagogika. Psihologĳa, 2014, vol. 1 (32), pp. 108–120 (in Russian).
- Tihonova Elena S. O dialogicheskom vzaimodejstvii s sem'ej doshkol'nika, imejushhego obshhee nedorazvitie rechi [On Dialogical Interaction with Family of Preschooler with General Underdevelopment of Speech], available at: http://открытый урок.рф.статьи /50479 (06.08.2018).
- Tihonova Elena S., Kolpakova Marianna Ju. Dialogicheskĳ podhod v praktike psihologicheskoj raboty s det'mi [Dialogical Approach in the Practice of Psychological Work with Children], available at: www.portal-slovo.ru/pre_school_education/43471.php (03.09.2018).
Information about the author
Belova Elena Academic Degree:
Candidate of Sciences*
in Psychological Sciences; Academic Rank:
Senior Research Fellow; Place of work:
Psychological Institute of Russian Academy of Education; 9(4) Mokhovaya st., Mosсow 125009, Russian Federation; Post:
Leading Researcher; ORCID: 0000-0002-6956-8214
*According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, the degree of Candidate of Sciences (Cand.Sc.) belongs to ISCED level 8 — "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar.