Study of features of social reflection of the orthodox clergyman
Voronin Sergey (2018)
"Study of features of social reflection of the orthodox clergyman ",
Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta.
Seriia IV : Pedagogika. Psihologiia
pp. 127-136 (in Russian).
DOI of the paper: 10.15382/sturIV201850.127-136
In the present-day reality, the Orthodox clergyman is more and more integrated in various social processes and interactions, becomes a more and more active subject of communication. In this regard, one of the main spheres of communication is social perception, which is understood as perceiving and evaluating, both of the other person and oneself through the eyes of this other person. The main mechanism in such “self-perceiving” is social refl ection. The object of this study is social refl ection of the Orthodox clergyman manifesting itself in the choice of various objects of social reflection, namely churchgoing and non-churchgoing young people. Main aims of the article are the study of the image of an Orthodox clergyman in the conscience of churchgoing and non-churchgoing young people; defi nition of intentionality of social reflection of the clergyman; assessment of accurateness of social refl ection of the clergyman in the case when its object is churchgoing and non-churchgoing young people. The logic of the research process includes a theoretical analysis, definition of the diagnostic inventory, description of the study and results obtained.
social refl ection, social perception, image, priest, regular churchgoing, intentionality, youth, perception, attitude, self-perception
- Aleksii II, Patriarch (2000) “Doklad Patriarkha Moskovskogo i vseia Rusi Aleksiia na Iubileinom Arkhiereiskom Sobore Russkoi Pravoslavnoi Tserkvi (avgust 2000)” [“Report of Patriarch of Moscow and all Rus’ Aleksii at the Jubilee Bishops’ Council of Russian Orthodox Church (August 2000)”]. Zhurnal Moskovskoi Patriarkhii, 2000, № 9, pp. 16–54.
- Aleksii II, Patriarch (2003) “Doklad Patriarkha Moskovskogo i Vseia Rusi Aleksiia na ezhegodnom Eparkhial'nom sobranii goroda Moskvy 23.03.2003” [“Report of Patriarch of Moscow and all Rus’ Aleksii at the Annual Diocesan Assembly of Moscow, 23.03.2003”]. Zhurnal Moskovskoi Patriarkhii, 2003, № 4, p. 49.
- Bogoiavlenskii A. E. (2004) “Poniatiia “imidzh”, “reputatsiia” i “obraz” v kontekste “Kritiki chistogo razuma” I. Kanta” [“Notions of “Image”, “Reputation”, “Picture” in the Context of “Critique of Pure Reason” by I. Kant”]. Aktsenty. Novoe v massovoi kommunikatsii, 2004. № 5–6, pp. 57–62.
- Il'in I. A. (2008) Vozvrashchenie [Coming Back]. Minsk.
- Krivykh S. V. (2012) “Sotsial'naia refl eksiia v osnove sotsial'nogo vzaimodeistviia” [“Social Refl ection in the Basis of Social Interaction”]. Regional'noe obrazovanie XXI v.: problemy i perspektivy, 2012, № 4, pp. 27–31.
- Lopantsev Iu. M. (2015) “Formirovanie modeli sovremennogo sviashchennika v protsesse reformirovaniia sistemy dukhovnogo obrazovaniia Russkoi Pravoslavnoi Tserkvi (po Sobornym postanovleniiam i dokladam ierarkhov Russkoi Pravoslavnoi Tserkvi)” [“Formation of a Model of a Modern Priest in the Process of Reforming the System of Spiritual Education of the Russian Orthodox Church (According to Council Resolutions and Reports of Hierarchs of the Russian Orthodox Church)”]. Izvestiia VGPU, 2015, № 9–10, pp. 202–203.
- Meshcheriakov B. G., Zinchenko V. P. (2003) Bol'shoi psikhologicheskii slovar' [Large Dictionary of Psychology]. St Petersburg.
- Sidorenko E. V. (2002) Metody matematicheskoi obrabotki v psikhologii [Methods of Mathematic Processing in Psychology]. St Petersburg.
- Shirokalova G. S. (2017) “Obraz sviashchennika v zaprosakh molodykh” [“Image of the Clergyman in Requests of the Young”], in S. N. Piatkin (ed.) Materialy Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem “Patriarkh Sergii i tserkovnogosudarstvennye otnosheniia v 20 veke: trudnyi put' k sotrudnichestvu” [Proceedings of of the Conference “Patriarch Sergy and Church-State Relations in the 20th Century: Diffi cult Way to Collaboration”]. Arzamas, pp. 209–219.
Information about the author
Voronin Sergey Academic Degree:
Candidate of Sciences*
in Education; Place of work:
Sochi State University; 26A, Sovetskaya Str., Sochi, 354000, Russian Federation; Post:
Associate Professor, Department of Psychology and Defectology; ORCID: 0000-0002-3530-1001
*According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, the degree of Candidate of Sciences (Cand.Sc.) belongs to ISCED level 8 — "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar.
I Express my gratitude to Tatiana Dubovitskaya, doctor of psychological Sciences, Professor of the Department of psychology and defectology, Sochi state University, for her advice in the process of writing this article