The necessity of confessional maintenance of moral and spiritual disciplines and Orthodox orientated disciplines at secondary school is justiﬁed in the article. The author notes that the confessional maintenance of disciplines with religious content is due historically and provided by modern legal documents and other acts in the ﬁ eld of Russian education. Certain possible directions of denominational maintenance conducted by Orthodox religious organization are shown by the example of Smolensk region. The experience of Smolensk Theological Seminary, rendering Orthodox confessional maintenance of teaching subjects with a religious content in the region, is presented as well. The article also identiﬁes concerns and possible risks that require, in the author’s opinion, a professional approach to their solution.
confessional maintenance, Orthodox oriented disciplines, professional teacher training, scientiﬁc and methodological maintenance, expert advice, Smolensk Orthodox Theological Seminary
1. Zybina T. M. Ot slova k Slovu: integrirovannoe obuchenie religioznoj leksike (From Word to Word: Integrated Teaching of Religious Vocabulary), Smolensk, 2014.
2. Urbanovich L. N. (ed.) Pravoslavnaja kul'tura v obshheobrazovatel'noj shkole. Metodicheskie razrabotki i rekomendacii k kursu (Orthodox Culture in General School. Methodic Workings and Recommendations for the Course), Smolensk, 2010.
3. Urbanovich L. N. (ed.) Pravoslavnoe prosveshhenie i duhovno-nravstvennoe vospitanie v shkole: teoreticheskie aspekty i prakticheskij opyt: nauch.-metodicheskoe posobie v pomoshh' uchitelju (Orthodox Enlightenment and Spiritual-Moral Education in School: Theoretical Aspects and Practical Experience: Scientific-Methodological Handbook for Teacher), Smolensk, 2014.
4. Rozina O. V. 2014 “Professional'nye kompetencii i konfessional'noe samoopredelenie pedagoga duhovno-nravstvennyh disciplin v obshheobrazovatel'noj shkole” (Professional Competences and Confessional Self-Definition of Pedagogue of Spiritual-Moral Subjects in General School), in Urbanovich L. N. (ed.) Pravoslavnoe prosveshhenie i duhovno-nravstvennoe vospitanie v shkole: teoreticheskie aspekty i prakticheskij opyt: nauch.-metod. posobie v pomoshh' uchitelju, Smolensk, 2014.
5. Lukashenkova Zh. V. (ed.) Formirovanie duhovno-nravstvennyh cennostej u shkol'nikov na uroke i vo vneurochnoj dejatel'nosti (Forming of Spiritual-Moral Values by School Pupils in Lesson and in Out-Lesson Activity), Smolensk, 2013.