The article outlines two theoretical approach to the study of the practice of social education. The first approach considers the integration of the educational forces of society, the second is the identification of problem areas pedagogical activity of the company. In the first approach the Orthodox teaching tradition considers the unity and interrelation of social, family and religious education. Social pedagogy in the Orthodox community is exploring ways and possibilities of integration of the educational forces of family, religious community and society. The author of the article identified and named the main goal of activity of a social pedagogue in the community — the introduction of community members in the Church way of life. Interaction of a social pedagogue with different age, social and marital status categories of believing citizens, assistance in effective socialization of the members of the communities, their social support, religious upbringing and socialization help to achieve the mentioned goals. Classification of forms and methods of activity of a social pedagogue in the Orthodox community reflects its General and specific functions. The total includes all the features of activity of a social pedagogue — organizational, intermediary, communicative, precautionary-preventive, protective, protective, diagnostic, prognostic, correctional and rehabilitation, educational. The special functions are functions of activity of a social pedagogue in the Orthodox community — social-charitable (the merciful) and missionary- catechism. The aforementioned functions define a set of methods and technologies of the professional activity of a social pedagogue in the Orthodox parish, the mastering of which should be aimed his professional training. All the variety of methods and technologies of distributed on five directions — communicative, legal, research, socio-pedagogical and confessional. The mentioned directions give guidelines for attracting specialists from various fields of research and professional activities for training social workers to work in the Orthodox community.
social education, social pedagogy, the Orthodox community; functions, methods, and technologies of the work of a social pedagogue in the religious community
1. Mudrik A. V. Vvedenie v social'nuju pedagogiku (Introduction to Social Pedagogics), Moscow, Voronezh, 1997.
2. Mudrik A. V. Vvedenie v social'nuju pedagogiku (Introduction to Social Pedagogics), Moscow, 2009.
3. Natorp Paul'. Social'naja pedagogika. Teorija vospitanija voli na osnove obshhnosti (Social Pedagogics. Theory of Education of Will on Basic of Community), Saint-Petersburg, 1911.
4. Patriarh Moskovskij i vseja Rusi Kirill. Pravoslavnyj prihod vnov' dolzhen stat' centrom social'noj zhizni. Rech' na zakrytii Olimpiady shkol'nikov po Osnovam pravoslavnoj kul'tury 15.04.2010 (Orthodox Parish Must Become Again to Center of Social Life. Speech of Closing of School Contest for Grounds of Orthodox Culture 15.04.2010), in http://www.otechestvo.org.ua/main/20104/1540.htm.
5. Skljarova T. V. Idei social'nogo vospitanija v rabotah russkih religioznyh myslitelej (Ideas of Social Education in Works of Russian Religious Thinkers), in http://www.verav.ru/common/mpublic.php?num=33.
6. Galaguzova M. A. (ed.) Social'naja pedagogika: kurs lekcij. Ucheb. posobie dlja stud. vyssh. ucheb. zavedenij (Social Pedagogics: Lecture Course. Textbook for Students), Moscow, 2003.