The problem of sources for formation and development of professional and pedagogical consciousness and its semantic content is updated in the article. The author proves the urgency of the contemporary pedagogical appeal to Christian anthropological patristic heritage, to the experience of spiritual personal growth because that is patristic heritage which consists of both understanding and prophetic attitude to future. The phenomena composing content and mechanisms of evaluating person’s soul birth and transformation and his spiritual awakening in the process of upbringing are revealed in the article. The role of upbringing under conditions of post-modernistic values statement, of educational commercialization is viewed. Consequences of transformation of knowledge and education into a commodity for psychological and spiritual health of a person being developed are examined. Basing on the methodology of a holistic systematic and pragmatic approach to the person’s development, his personal and spiritual ascension the author makes a conclusion that contemporary teaching practice and Pedagogy as a science and a form of art responsible for personal education should be “lighted” with cultural and human ideas and focused on the utmost top meaning of human existence. The analysis of ecclesiastical literature shows that human knowledge without divine enlightenment is nothing but rationalism. If science helps to personal enlightening it is not simply able but should be used in our spiritual life. It is underlined in the article that the urgent problem of the contemporary Pedagogy is that of working out an adequate conception of moral education and personal development, his internal education, soul education, spiritual transformation.
semantic content of pedagogy, pedagogical consciousness, education of a person, psychological health, “ordinary” person, educational services, cultural sense, conceptional Pedagogy
1. Antony Surozhskij. Duhovnaya zhizn (Spiritual Life), Kiev, 2008.
2. Archimandrit Ioann (Maslov). Simfoniya. Po tvoreniyam Svyatitelya Tihona Zadonskogo (The Concordance. After Works by Tihon Zadonskiy), Moscow, 1996.
3. Bachtin M. M. Estetika slovesnogo tvorcestva (The Aesthtics of Verbal Creative Work), Moscow, 1986.
4. Bim-Bad B. M. Put k spaseniyu: pedagogicheskaya anropologiya I. Kanta (The Way to Salvation: Pedagogical Anthropology of I. Kant), Moscow, 1994.
5. Ilin I.A. Put k ochevidnosti (The Way to Evidence), Moscow, 1993, vol. 2.
6. Leontev D. A. 2011, in Voprosy psichologii (The Issues of Psychologi), vol. 1, pp. 10-12.
7. Mamardaschvili M.K. Kak ya ponimayu filosofiyu (How I Understand Philosophy), Moscow, 1990.
8. Porfirij Kavsokalivit. Tsvetoslov sovetov (The Antologion of Advices), Moscow, 2008.
9. Puzypej A. A. Psychologiya. Psychotechnika. Psychagogika (Psychology. Psychotechnics. Psychogogy), Moscow, 2005.
10. Uschinskij K. D. Pedagogicheskie sochineniya (Selected Pedagogical Works), Moscow, 1950, vol. 10.
11. Zenkovskij V. V. 2003, in Voprosy filosofii, vol. 12.
12. Zinchenko V. P. Zhivoe znanie: psichologicheskay pedagogika (The Live Knowledge: Psychological Pedagogics), Samara, 1996.