Масленникова И. А. Золотая Царицына палата Кремлевского дворца: проблемы изучения памятника // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия V: Вопросы истории и теории христианского искусства. 2016. Вып. 4 (24). С. 120-134. DOI: 10.15382/sturV201624.120-134
A number of publications by scholars of the previous centuries had dealt with the history of the Russian royal ceremonial and the royal family domestic life. This included Russian historians of the 18–19th centuries, as well as many publications of archival documents. Speciﬁcally, the contribution by a famous Russian historian Ivan Zabelin has to be noted, who studied both the ceremonial and daily life of the Russian monarchs. Unfortunately, little attention was paid to the issue by the Soviet scholarship, yet there has been growing interest on behalf of Russian historians in the past decades. This article studies the history of the throne room of the Russian tsarinas — the Golden Tsarina Chamber of the Grand Kremlin Palace built in the15–16th centuries as part of Ivan III royal palace. This Chamber, hidden in the surrounding palace constructions of the later epochs, has been until recently rarely paid attention to by the historians of art and architecture. The Chamber was ﬁrst mentioned in the Russian chronicles as late as at the end of the 16th century, and there had been no suﬃ cient scientiﬁc data on the earlier period. The author is focusing on the problems of periodization, terminology and the structure of the ancient royal chambers, its usage for oﬃcial ceremonies and in daily life of the Russian tsars. The article also gives interpretation of the murals of the Golden Tsarina Chamber, often considered as best examples of the monumental art of the 17th century.
Moscow Kremlin, history, historiography, source study, palace complex, sovereign court, Tsarina’s Chamber, throne room, painting, restoration, conceptual purpose
1. Afinogenov D. E. Povest' o proshchenii imperatora Feofila i Torzhestvo Pravoslaviia. Moscow, 2003.
2. Bartenev S. P. Bol'shoi Kremlevskii dvorets, Dvortsovye tserkvi i Pridvornye sobory. Moscow, 1916.
3. Dmitrievskii A. A. Arkhiepiskop Elassonskii Arsenii i memuary ego iz russkoi istorii. Kiev, 1899.
4. Zabelin I. E. Domashnii byt russkikh tsarei v XVI i XVII stoletiiakh. Moscow, 2000.
5. Kliuchevskii V. O. Skazaniia inostrantsev o Moskovskom gosudarstve. Moscow, 1991.
6. Maslennikova I. A. Zolotaia Tsaritsyna palata Kremlevskogo dvortsa: k istorii sozdaniia i restavratsii rospisei // Istoricheskii zhurnal. Nauchnye issledovaniia. 2014. № 2. P. 185–195.
7. Maslennikova I. A. Traditsii prazdnichnykh priemov v tronnom zale russkikh tsarits // Rodina. 2015. № 6. P. 104–106.
8. Morozova L. E. Russkie kniagini: zhenshchiny i vlast'. Moscow, 2004.
9. Parkhomenko V. A. Drevnerusskaia kniaginia Ol'ga. Kiev, 1911.
10. Pod"iapol'skii S. S., Evdokimov G. S., Ruzaeva E. I. i dr. Novye dannye o Kremlevskom dvortse rubezha XV–XVI vv. // Russkoe iskusstvo pozdnego Srednevekov'ia: XVI vek. Saint-Petersburg, 2003. P. 51–99.
11. Pushkareva N. L. Zhenshchiny Drevnei Rusi. Moscow, 1989.
12. Rikhter F. F. Pamiatniki drevnego russkogo zodchestva. Moscow, 1853.
13. Snegirev I. M. Pamiatniki moskovskoi drevnosti. Moscow, 1842.
14. Tikhomirov N. Ia., Ivanov V. N. Moskovskii Kreml'. Istoriia arkhitektury. Moscow, 1967.