Малявина С. С. Религия в мировоззрении атеистов (по материалам качественного исследования) // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия I: Богословие. Философия. 2014. Вып. 5 (55). С. 68-78. DOI: 10.15382/sturI201455.68-78
The author presents an analysis of an empirical research concerning religion in the worldview of atheists, representatives of today’s youth. She focuses on the results obtained from studying their values and conceptions, emotional attitudes towards religion displayed by atheists and their behavior in religious context. The ﬁndings of the research have shown that the values that characterize the representatives of the group under study are subjective and nominative; that their conceptions of religion are characterized by superﬁciality and lack of system; that their emotional attitude can be deﬁned as self-distancing and equanimity. The behavior of many atheists is predetermined by some kind of religious experience in the past, from which they would like to distance themselves. Among today’s young people, there are those who identify themselves as atheists, but their attitude towards religion is spontaneous and fragmentary, based on an experience of superﬁcial religious enculturation.
religion, atheists, values, conceptions, emotions, behavior
1. Vicenko V. O. Obraz vremeni u predstavitelej razlichnyh religioznyh konfessij. Dis. … kand. psihol. nauk (Image of Time by Representatives of Different Religions. Dissertation), Moscow, 2005.
2. Golovanova T. N. Formirovanie celostnogo ponimanija i ob’jasnenija dejstvitel'nosti cherez religioznoe i nereligioznoe otnoshenie k miru (na primere studentov-pedagogov). Dis. … kand. psihol. nauk (Formatin of Whole Understanding and Explanation of Reality through Religious and Non-Religious Attitude to the World (on Example of Pedagogical Students)), Joshkar-Ola, 2004.
3. Maljavina S. S. 2012 “Religioznaja kompetentnost' predstavitelej sovremennoj molodezhi, identificirujushhih sebja v kachestve pravoslavnyh hristian” (Religious Competence of Representatives of Modern Youth, Identifying Itself as Orthodox Christians), in Izvestija Smolenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2012, vol. 1, pp. 250–259.
4. Maljavina S. S. 2014 “Osobennosti jemocional'nogo otnoshenija k religioznoj kul'ture v srede sovremennoj molodezhi (kross-kul'turnoe issledovanie)” (Features of Emotional Attitude to Religious Culture in Sphere of Modern Youth), in Sibirskij psihologicheskij zhurnal, 2014, vol. 52, pp. 115–128.
5. Mchedlov M. P. 1998 “O religioznosti rossijskoj molodezhi” (About Religious Russian Youth), in Sociologicheskie issledovanija, 1998, vol. 6, pp. 107–111.
Малявина С. С. Детерминанты формирования религиозности личности // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия IV: Педагогика. Психология. 2015. Вып. 2 (37). С. 119-131. DOI: 10.15382/sturIV201537.119-131
The article presents an analysis of the determinants of the formation of religious identity. Article Submissions are the results of qualitative research (focus group discussions and individualized interviews). The empirical work was conducted among university students of the Volgograd region (Orthodox Christians, Muslims, atheists). In the course of the study revealed some basic determinants that determine the formation of religious identity: socio-cultural conditions of life, the family and close relatives, authorities, as well as the activity of the individual. According to respondents, social and cultural conditions of life have a signiﬁ cant impact on the formation of religious identity. Thus, Orthodox Christians, Muslims and atheists have diﬀerent opinions importance of this factor. The study of the family as the determinants of the formation of religious identity, revealed the existence of two possible types of interpersonal relationships between close relatives and personality, based on the position taken by the relatives: the relationship of subject interaction between family members and the child or the relationship of the object relative impact on the child. In the ﬁrst case, the parents, respecting the position of the child and create conditions of cooperation, partnership in the development of a child of the religious world. In the second case, the parents are the child as an object of their own religious inﬂ uence. On the inﬂuence of authority and their own activity in the formation of religiosity reported units of study participants. In the study, we identiﬁed the relationship between these factors. Authority (enthusiastic teacher, priest) have an impact on the formation of religious identity only when formed motivational readiness of the individual to the perception and acceptance of authoritative opinion. All participants in the study indicated that the formation of their religious inﬂ uence is complex determinants, which, entering into interaction with each other, creating a unique socio-cultural system, the background to the formation of religious identity.
determinants, religiousness, socio-cultural living conditions, family, authorities, activity
1. Dvojnin A. M. 2011 “Smyslozhiznennye orientacii religioznoj lichnosti” (Life Reason Orientations of Religious Person), in Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. IV: Pedagogika. Psihologija, 2011, vol. 3/22, pp. 139–151.
2. Maljavina S. S. 2014 “Osobennosti jemocional'nogo otnoshenija k religioznoj kul'ture v srede sovremennoj molodezhi (kross-kul'turnoe issledovanie)” (Features of Emotional Attitude to Religious Culture in Sphere of Modern Youth), in Sibirskij psihologicheskij zhurnal, 2014, vol. 52, pp. 115–128.
3. Maljavina S. S. 2014 “Religija v mirovozzrenii ateistov (po materialam kachestvennogo issledovanija)” (Religion in Worldview of Atheists (according to Materials of Qualitative Study)), in Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. 1: Bogoslovie. Filosofija, 2014, vol. 5/55, pp. 68–78.
4. Mchedlov M. P. 1998 “O religioznosti rossijskoj molodezhi” (About Religiousness of Russian Youth), in Sociologicheskie issledovanija (Sociological Studies), 1998, vol. 6, pp. 107–111.
5. Petrovskij A. V., Jaroshevskij M. G. Osnovy teoreticheskoj psihologii (Grounds of Theoretical Psychology), Moscow, 1999.
6. Skljarova T. V. 2009 “Religioznaja socializacija: problemy i napravlenija issledovanij” (Religious Socialization: Problems and Directions of Studies), in Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. IV: Pedagogika. Psihologija, 2009, vol. 4/15, pp. 7–17.
7. Javorskij R. Lichnostnaja i bezlichnaja religioznost': psihologicheskaja model' i ee jempiricheskaja verifikacija (Personal and Non-Personal Religiousness: Psychological Model and Its Empirical Verification), in http://fapsyrou.ru
Малявина С. С. Религиозность личности: поиск структуры и содержания // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия IV: Педагогика. Психология. 2017. Вып. 45. С. 92-105. DOI: 10.15382/sturIV201745.92-105
The paper presents the study of religiosity as a structure, reveals relationships between its components and analyses the integration of these components into an entity. Results of the empirical research allow us to state that the identifi cation component of religiosity creates prerequisites for the formation of religiosity as a system, but does not provide it. The value component of religiosity determines the acceptance of the value of religion in one’s own life. The cognitive component of religiosity is a complex system characterised by two main indicators of knowledge, namely meaningful (volume of knowledge) and dynamic (the tendency to develop or to stop developing the existing knowledge about religion). The emotional component of religiosity is characterised by two indicators, qualitative and procedural. The behavioral component of religiosity implies the possibility of realising religiosity in cult behavior and in everyday social interaction. In the course of the empirical study, a signifi cant variation in the manifestation of cognitive, emotional and behavioral components has been revealed, which is due to diff erences in the attitude to religion in terms of its value to the person. It is the value indicator of religiosity that ensures the existence of religiosity as a system, the coherence of its components within its integrated entity.
religiosity, structure, value, identity, cognitive, emotional, behavioral components
Bell R., Sociologĳ a religii, in: Amerikanskaja sociologĳa. Problemy, perspektivy, metody, Moscow, 1972, 259–275.
Chumakova D. M., Psihometricheskĳ podhod k religioznosti lichnosti, in: Vestnik Kurganskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser.: Fiziologĳa, psihologĳa i medicina, 2015, 2 (36), 100–102.
Karaseva S. G., Shkurova E. V., Mnogomernyj krosskonfessional'nyj podhod k issledovanĳ u religioznosti v Belarusi: aktual'nost' i konceptualizacĳa, in: Sociologĳa, 2012, 3, 123–133.
Luckmann T., Berger P. L., The social construction of reality, N. Y., 1966.
Mel'nikova O. T., Horoshilov D. A., Metodologicheskie principy kachestvennyh issledovanĳ v psihologii, in: Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Ser. 14. Psihologĳa, 2013, 3, 4–17.
Vojskunovskĳ A. E., Skripkin S. V., Kachestvennyj analiz dannyh, in: Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Ser. 14. Psihologĳa, 2001, 2, 93–109.