Вараев М. В. Проблема художественного вымысла в религиозной эстетике Владимира Вейдле // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия I: Богословие. Философия. 2012. Вып. 5 (43). С. 57-68.
In this article the problem of artistic invention is examined in the religious aesthetics of the noted literary critic, essayist, and philosopher of the Russian emigration, Vladimir Weydle. According to Weydle, invention is thought to be one of the principle symbolic forms in the history of art, without which the natural functioning of the mechanisms of culture is impossible. The author of this article highlights how the theme of invention displays itself in various aspects of the aesthetic thought of Weydle: questions of the philosophy of language, the theology of the icon, the anthropology of art and others. Special attention is given to the role of invention in Weydle’s conception of the cultural crisis.
FANTASY, MIMESIS, MYTHICAL-LOGICAL THOUGHT, EXPRESSIVE SIGN, BIOLOGY OF ART, CULTURAL CRISIS, ARTISTIC STYLE, V. WEYDLE
Varaev Maksim, priest
The problem of the anthropology of art in the religious and philosophical thought of Vladimir Veidle
Вараев М. В. Проблема антропологии искусства в религиозно-философской мысли Владимира Вейдле // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия I: Богословие. Философия. 2015. Вып. 2 (58). С. 43-52. DOI: 10.15382/sturI201558.43-52
The article deals with the problem of the anthropology of art in the aesthetical views of the the Russian religious thinker and literary critic Vladimir Veidle (1895-1979). According to Veidle, art has a sacred reason for its existence and is rooted in religious cult. Human activities in the ﬁeld of aesthetics follow two directions: that of co-operation of the artist with the Creator, i. e. his participation in the creation of the language of culture, and that of his collaboration with other participants in the aesthetic process. As Veidle writes, the artist’s creative work always presupposes his appeal to the Other and direct participation of this Other in the creation of a work of art, the creation in which its author plays the role of just one of the many participants. The real author receives its embodiment in the linguistic forms of the artistic style which, according to Veidle’s deﬁnition, is the deep motivation of art. The secularization of culture has entailed disintegration of artistic style which, in turn, has caused the atomization of the author and the expulsion of art from man’s living space. The crisis of the European culture diagnosed by Veidle constitutes a part of the humanitarian catastrophe undergone by the world in the 20th century. The article discusses the problems of artistic style, authorship, the “dying” of art and the uniqueness of a work of art. Special attention is paid to the analysis of the anthropological constituent of Veidle’s literary poetics.
artistic style, crisis of culture, imagination, anthropology of art, authorship, V. Veidle
1. Arnonkur N. Moi sovremenniki: Bah, Mocart, Monteverdi (My Contemporaries: Bach, Mozart, Monteverdi), Moscow, 2014.
2. Ben'jamin V. 2000 “Proizvedenie iskusstva v jepohu ego tehnicheskoj vosproizvodimosti” (Art Objects in Epoch of Its Technical Reproductivity), in On zhe. Ozarenija, Moscow, 2000, pp. 122–153.
3. Bychkov V. V. Russkaja teurgicheskaja jestetika (Russian Theurgical Esthetics), Moscow, 2007.
4. Varaev M., svjashh. 2012 “Problema hudozhestvennogo vymysla v religioznoj jestetike Vladimira Vejdle” (Problem of Art Invention in Religious Esthetics of Vladimir Veidle), in Vestnik PSTGU. Serija I: Bogoslovie. Filosofija, 2012, vol. 5/43, pp. 57–68.
5. Ivanov V. I. Lik i lichiny Rossii: Jestetika i literaturnaja teorija (Face and Masks of Russia: Esthetics and Literary Theory), Moscow, 1995.
6. Rozova E. O. Filosofija kul'tury russkogo zarubezh'ja (V. V. Vejdle, V. N. Il'in, G. P. Fedotov). Dis. … kand. filos. nauk (Culture Philosophy of Russian Abroad (V. V. Veidle, V. N. Iljin, G. P. Fedotov). Dissertation), Moscow, 2013.
7. Fuko M. Volja k istine po tu storonu znanija, vlasti i seksual'nosti (Will to Truth on That Side of Knowledge, Power and Sexuality), Moscow, 1996.
8. Trachtenberg M. 2001 “Architecture and Music Reunited: A New Reading of Dufay’s Nuper rosarum flores and the Cathedral of Florence”, in Renaissance Quarterly, 2001, vol. 3, pp. 740–775.