This article deal with not previously studied silver rizas of 17th century of ﬁ ve-tier iconostasis from Transﬁguration Cathedral in Monastery of Saint Euthymius in Suzdal. The typology, style of the rizas’ decoration, the technique and stylistic devices of the silver masters are analyzed by the author. Diﬀerent details of these rizas are made in such techniques as stamping (basma), engraving, chasing. The conclusions are made out from the research about the fact that in artel there were riza silver masters from Moscow and Yaroslavl. The masters from Moscow were making rizas’ parts in basma technique. The masters from Yaroslavl were working in engraving and chasing techniques. The silver pieces of church utensils for the Eucharist embedded in Transﬁguration Cathedral in Monastery of Saint Euthymius during its second sanctiﬁcation in 1670 are remained in Vladimiro-Suzdal museum. It is proved that these silver objects for the Eucharist were made by Yaroslavl masters and they were working with the silver rizas for iconostasis at the same time. The attribution of the silver objects for the Eucharist helps to identify the completion of works for the ﬁve-tier iconostasis — the 1st of October 1670.
Spaso-Evﬁmiyev monastery, Transﬁguration Cathedral, iconostasis, salaries of icons, basma, engraving, stamping, church utensils, Yaroslavl silversmiths, Moscow silversmiths
1. Andrjushhenko A. I. Rukovodstvo zolotyh i serebrjanyh del masterstva (Handbook of Gold and Silver Master), Nizhnij Novgorod, 1904.
2. Bolotceva I. P. Jaroslavskaja ikonopis' XIII–XVIII vekov (Icon Paintings of Jaroslavl' of XIII–XVIII Centuries), Jaroslavl', 1981.
3. Buseva-Davydova I. L. Hramy Moskovskogo Kremlja: svjatyni i drevnosti (Churches of Moscow Kremlin: Relics and Antiquities), Moscow, 1997.
4. Vahrameev I. A. Cerkov' vo imja svjatogo i slavnogo proroka Bozhija Ilii v g. Jaroslavle (Church of St. Prophet Elias in Jaroslavl'), Jaroslavl', 1906.
5. Kazakevich T. E. 1980 “Ikonostas cerkvi Il'i Proroka v Jaroslavle i ego mastera” (Iconostasis of Church of Prophet Elias and Its Masters), in Pamjatniki russkoj arhitektury i monumental'nogo iskusstva, Moscow, 1980.
6. Komashko N. I. 2003 “Ikonostas sobora Spaso-Evfimieva monastyrja v kontekste hudozhestvennoj zhizni Moskvy tret'ej chetverti XVII veka” (Iconostasis of Cathedral of Spaso-Evfimiev Monastery in Context of Art Life of Moscow of 3rd Quarter of XVII Century), in Spaso-Evfimiev monastyr' v istorii i kul'ture Rossii (k 650-letiju osnovanija monastyrja), Vladimir, Suzdal', 2003.
7. Orlova M. A. Ornament v monumental'noj zhivopisi Drevnej Rusi. Konec XIII — nachalo XVI veka (Ornament in Monumental Painting of Old Rus’. End of XIII — Begin of XVI Century), Moscow, 2004, vol. 1–2.
8. Selezneva I. A. Zolotaja i Serebrjanaja palaty. Kremlevskie dvorcovye masterskie XVII veka (Golden and Silver Chambers. Kremlin Palace Workshops of XVII Century), Moscow, 2001.
9. Troickij V. I. Slovar' moskovskih masterov zolotogo, serebrjanogo i almaznogo dela XVII veka (Dictionary of Moscow Masters of Gold, Silver and Diamond Business of XVII Century), Leningrad, 1928–1930, vol. 1–2.
10. Filatov V. V. Restavracija proizvedenij russkoj ikonopisi (Restauration of Works of Russian Icon Painting), Moscow, 2007.
11. Flerov A. V. Hudozhestvennaja obrabotka metallov (Art Working of Metals), Moscow, 1986.