Essence and conditions of ecologisation of general education
Teplov Dmitry (2019)
"Essence and conditions of ecologisation of general education ",
Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta.
Seriia IV : Pedagogika. Psihologiia
pp. 20-27 (in Russian).
DOI of the paper: 10.15382/sturIV201953.20-27
This article deals with the role and understanding of ecologisation of education, opportunity of ecologisation of education in primary, main and secondary general education. It proposes main methodological statements that allow one to achieve aims of ecologisation of general education. It demonstrates the essence of the process of ecologisation, clarifi es the mechanism and conditions of implementing ecologisation both in separate study subjects and in the general system of school education and training. Three stages in the ecologisation of general education are distinguished: including ecological information in the sphere of scientifi c knowledge already in the pre-school and primary general education in the context of making children familiar with the environment; orientation towards extracurricular and non-obligatory work of students in the context of project-and-research method and activity-related approach in the process of education and training; ecologisation of the educational environment of the school. The implementation of the process of ecologisation of teaching will be made up of consistent and systematic employment of the following components: ecologisation of the educational environment of the institution and of the relationship “teacher — student”; inclusion of knowledge that have the character of moral education; selection of ecological aspects in subjects of the scientifi c cycle; using an ecological approach, principles, knowledge in the educational material of other disciplines on the foundation of interdissciplinary links; implementing the principle of interrelationship of educational and extracurricular activity on the foundation of integrity and succession of stages in education. Revealing the essence of ecologisation shows that it undoubtedly makes a certain contribution to the foundation of sustainability.
ecologisation of general education, stages of ecologisation of general education, methodological provisions of the process of ecologisation
- Dziatkovskaia E. (2013) “Ekologizatsiia kak vzaimodeistvie predmetnogo i aspektnogo soderzhaniia obrazovaniia” [Ecologisation as Interaction of Subject-Related and Aspect- Related Content of Education]. Pedagogika, 4, 24–29 (in Russian).
- Kolesova E. (2018) “Ekologicheskaia sostavliaiushchaia federal’nykh gosudarstvennykh standartov i prioritety razvitiia sovremennogo mira” [Ecology as a Component in Federal State Standards, and Priorities of Development of the Modern World], in Gumanitarnye i estestvennonauchnye faktory resheniia ekologicheskikh problem i ustoichivogo razvitiia [Humanities-Related and Science-Related Factors in Solutions to Ecological Problems and Sustainability], pt. 1. Novomoskovsk, pp. 78–87 (in Russian).
- Mamedov N. (1995) “Teoreticheskie osnovy ekologicheskogo obrazovaniia” [Theoretical Foundations of Ecological Education], in Ekologicheskoe obrazovanie i ustoichivoe razvitie [Ecological Education and Sustainable Development]. Moscow, pp. 104–112 (in Russian).
- Moiseev N. (1996). “Ekologicheskoe obrazovanie i ekologizatsiia obrazovaniia” [Ecological Education and Ecologisation of Education]. Biologiia v shkole, vol. 3, pp. 28–35 (in Russian).
- Preobrazovanie nashego mira: Povestka dnia v oblasti ustoichivogo razvitiia na period do 2030 g. [Transformation of Our World: Agenda in the Field of Sustainable Development for the Period till 2030], available at http://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/ares70d1_ru.pdf (in Russian).
- Skvortsov P. (2014) Kontseptsiia fenologicheskoi raboty na stupeni nachal’nogo obshchego obrazovaniia [Concept of Phenological Work on the Stage of Primary General Education]. Moscow (in Russian).
- Skvortsov P. (2015) “Formirovanie poznavatel’nykh universal’nykh uchebnykh deistvii v khode provedeniia uchashchimisia nachal’noi shkoly nabliudenii za sezonnymi izmeneniiami v prirode” [Forming Cognitive Universal Study-Related Actions in the Process of Observing Seasonal Changes in Nature by Primary School Students]. Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. IV: Pedagogika. Psikhologiia, vol. 3 (38), pp. 9–19 (in Russian).
Information about the author
Teplov Dmitry Academic Degree:
Doctor of Sciences*
in Education; Place of work:
Moscow Region State University; 24 Very Voloshinoi Str., Mytishchi, 141014, Russian Federation; Post:
Professor in Department of Methodology of Teaching Biology, Chemistry, and Ecology; ORCID: 0000-0001-5826-5659
*According to ISCED 2011, a post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences (D.Sc.) is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates.