The article presents an analysis of the determinants of the formation of religious identity. Article Submissions are the results of qualitative research (focus group discussions and individualized interviews). The empirical work was conducted among university students of the Volgograd region (Orthodox Christians, Muslims, atheists). In the course of the study revealed some basic determinants that determine the formation of religious identity: socio-cultural conditions of life, the family and close relatives, authorities, as well as the activity of the individual. According to respondents, social and cultural conditions of life have a signiﬁ cant impact on the formation of religious identity. Thus, Orthodox Christians, Muslims and atheists have diﬀerent opinions importance of this factor. The study of the family as the determinants of the formation of religious identity, revealed the existence of two possible types of interpersonal relationships between close relatives and personality, based on the position taken by the relatives: the relationship of subject interaction between family members and the child or the relationship of the object relative impact on the child. In the ﬁrst case, the parents, respecting the position of the child and create conditions of cooperation, partnership in the development of a child of the religious world. In the second case, the parents are the child as an object of their own religious inﬂ uence. On the inﬂuence of authority and their own activity in the formation of religiosity reported units of study participants. In the study, we identiﬁed the relationship between these factors. Authority (enthusiastic teacher, priest) have an impact on the formation of religious identity only when formed motivational readiness of the individual to the perception and acceptance of authoritative opinion. All participants in the study indicated that the formation of their religious inﬂ uence is complex determinants, which, entering into interaction with each other, creating a unique socio-cultural system, the background to the formation of religious identity.
determinants, religiousness, socio-cultural living conditions, family, authorities, activity
1. Dvojnin A. M. 2011 “Smyslozhiznennye orientacii religioznoj lichnosti” (Life Reason Orientations of Religious Person), in Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. IV: Pedagogika. Psihologija, 2011, vol. 3/22, pp. 139–151.
2. Maljavina S. S. 2014 “Osobennosti jemocional'nogo otnoshenija k religioznoj kul'ture v srede sovremennoj molodezhi (kross-kul'turnoe issledovanie)” (Features of Emotional Attitude to Religious Culture in Sphere of Modern Youth), in Sibirskij psihologicheskij zhurnal, 2014, vol. 52, pp. 115–128.
3. Maljavina S. S. 2014 “Religija v mirovozzrenii ateistov (po materialam kachestvennogo issledovanija)” (Religion in Worldview of Atheists (according to Materials of Qualitative Study)), in Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. 1: Bogoslovie. Filosofija, 2014, vol. 5/55, pp. 68–78.
4. Mchedlov M. P. 1998 “O religioznosti rossijskoj molodezhi” (About Religiousness of Russian Youth), in Sociologicheskie issledovanija (Sociological Studies), 1998, vol. 6, pp. 107–111.
5. Petrovskij A. V., Jaroshevskij M. G. Osnovy teoreticheskoj psihologii (Grounds of Theoretical Psychology), Moscow, 1999.
6. Skljarova T. V. 2009 “Religioznaja socializacija: problemy i napravlenija issledovanij” (Religious Socialization: Problems and Directions of Studies), in Vestnik PSTGU. Ser. IV: Pedagogika. Psihologija, 2009, vol. 4/15, pp. 7–17.
7. Javorskij R. Lichnostnaja i bezlichnaja religioznost': psihologicheskaja model' i ee jempiricheskaja verifikacija (Personal and Non-Personal Religiousness: Psychological Model and Its Empirical Verification), in http://fapsyrou.ru