In article the early pilot studies in the ﬁeld of training of children of early and preschool age in the languages, presented in I. A. Sikorsky and M. M. Manaseina's concepts are analyzed. National teachers of the late nineteenth century gave a scientiﬁ c justiﬁcation of the importance of learning languages for child development, showed the ratio of thinking and speech, opened the question of «competition» native language with a foreign language in the ﬁeld has not yet fully formed thought processes, identiﬁ ed the principles and methods of language teaching, it was determined the child's ability for languages. And one more important conclusion to which they came the scientists: a pedagogical complexity of solving this problem requires treatment to related Sciences physiology, psychology, experimental pedagogy, philosophy and cultural studies. The pedagogical heritage of these scientists didn't lose the relevance and can be of interest to modern teachers, in practice solving problems of training of children to native and foreign languages.
Keywords: the pedagogical theory, I. A. Sikorsky, M. M. Manaseina, early training in languages, a ratio of the speech and thinking, a native and foreign language, methods of training in the languages, optimum age for training in foreign languages.
1. Belenchuk L. N., Prokof'eva E. A., Chmeljova E. V. 2012 “Razvitie idej M. V. Lomonosova v otechestvennoj pedagogike XIX v.” (Development of Ideas of M. V. Lomonosoc in Russian Pedagogic of XIX Century), in Pedagogika, 2012, vol. 2, pp. 86–94.
2. Kudrjavcev V. T. 2001 “Issledovanija detskogo razvitija na rubezhe dvuh stoletij” (Studies on Children Develoopment at Turning Point of Two Centuries), in Voprosy psihologii, 2001, vol. 2, pp. 3–21.
3. Lombina T. N., Luksha V. G. 2010 “Psihologicheskie osobennosti rechevogo razvitija doshkol'nikov v situacii bilingvizma” (Psychological Features of Speech Development of Preschool Children in Situation of Bilinguism), in Detskij sad ot A do Ja, 2010, vol. 5, pp. 80–85.
4. Protasova E. Ju. Deti i jazyki: organizacija zhiznedejatel'nosti detej v dvujazychnom detskom sadu (Children and Languages: Organization of Vital Activity of Children in Bilingual Kindergarten), Moscow, 2008.
5. Frumkina R. M. Psiholingvistika: Uchebnik (Psycholinguistic: Textbook), Moscow, 2001.
6. Chmeljova E. V. Pedagogika doshkol'nogo detstva v Rossii konca XIX — nachala XX v.: istoriko-pedagogicheskij ocherk (Pedagogic of Preschool Childhood in Russia of End of XIX — Begin of XX Century: Historical-Pedagogical Survey), Smolensk, 2008.