In the article intended for teachers of Orthodox culture, the fundamental ideas of spiritual-moral upbringing such as subject and content are viewed. Author shows that any education is characterized by existence of the subject, that is the sphere of human which the process of education is directed on. In order to claim the status of an independent kind of education, spiritual-moral education should be characterized by its subject a special area that it forms This area, which develops spiritual and moral education, is the spiritual and moral sphere of a person. The paper also shows that, just as any kind of education has its optimum content: mental has a system of scientific knowledge, aesthetic has art, etc., spiritual-moral education also has its optimum content — a system of religious culture. This is a substantial foundation of spiritual — moral education. But it does not exclude the possibility that the content of moral education includes other fundamental values: common to all mankind, national, corporate and individual. Thus, the certainty of a subject matter and content of moral education make it possible to assert that the spiritual and moral education is a distinct and irreplaceable by any other kind of education. In turn, understanding these constants of moral education is an essential premise for the optimal organization of the modern spiritual — moral education, functioning of which ultimately depends on the well-being of every Russian child.
spiritual-moral education, the subject of spiritual-moral education, the content of spiritual-moral education, the conditions of the realizations of spiritualmoral education
1. Bok D. Universitety i budush'ee Ameriki, (Universities and Future of America), Moscow, 1993.
2. Gegel G. V. F. Estetika (Aesthetics), Moscow, 1968, vol. 1.
3. Gegel G. V. F. Fenomenologija duha (Phenomenology of spirit), Saint-Petersburg, 1913.
4. Gegel G. V. F. 1972 “Rechi directora gimnazii. 29 sentjabrja 1809” (Speeches of Gymnasium Director. 29th September 1809), in Raboty raznyh let, Moscow, 1972.
5. Kant I. 1980 “O pedagogike” (About Pedagogic), in Traktaty i pis'ma, Moscow, 1980.
6. Monro P. Istorja pedagogiki (The History of Pedagogic), Moscow, 1913-1914, vol. 1.
7. Suhomlinskiy V. A. Rozhdenie grazhdanina (The Birth of the Citizen), Moscow, 1971.
8. Ushinskiy K. D. Pedagogicheskie sochinenja (Pedagogical Issues), Moscow, 1948, vol. 3.
9. Ushinskiy K. D. Rodnoe slovo (Native Word), Moscow, 1948.
10. Vahterov V. P. Nravstvennoe vospitanie i nachal'naja shkola (Moral Upbringing and Primary School), Moscow, 1987.