In this article it’s proposed an overview of biblical and religious foundations of Christian ecological ethics, which knowledge is necessary for teachers, missionaries and catechists, who appeal to environmental subject in both practical and worldview aspect in their close interaction. The author offers to examine the measure of present raising accusations against Christianity by some philosophers and publicists of “the biblical anthropocentrism” as well as studies worldview motivations underlying orthodox ecological ethics. The guiding principles of Biblical Hermeneutics are involved as a methodological base. Biblical Hermeneutics is a science about the principles of interpretation and understanding of sacred texts, the exegetic heritage of the Holy Fathers, relating to the field of Holy Tradition of Orthodox Church and contemporary conciliar documents and publications as well. It’s also examined the issue about the development of understanding the progress, worldview motivations and goal-setting in the cognition of the surrounding world by the man and interaction with it, in Natural Science fi rst of all, in the close connection with the measure of secularization of European culture and society. The analysis of sources carried out by the author obviously shows that the reason of ecological crisis is not Christian Theology and Christian worldview but on the contrary retreat from spiritual and moral values and establishments preached by the Church or their indifferent declaring, which have nothing in common with the real life in Christ i.e. baneful conversion from Christocentrism to secular anthropocentrism which is usual for the modern society. The practical conclusion from examination of some biblical and religious aspects is the complex of closely interrelated theological and ethical principles of organizing environmentally enlightened and constructive creation, developed within the framework of the traditional Christian paradigm
anthropology, apologetics, biosphere, person, science end faith, noosphere, the image and likeness of God, Orthodox culture, the principle of responsibility, religious education
1. Borejko E. V. Ekologicheskij krizis v russkom Pravoslavii (Ecological Crysis in Modern Orthodoxy), in http://ecoforum2.narod.ru/hem22/review1.htm (Date: 12.06.2013).
2. Chirkov V. I. Sady Valaama (The Gardens of Valaam), Saint-Petersburg, 1998.
3. Gajdenko V. P. 1995, in Voprosy filosofii, in http://filosof.historic.ru/books/item/f00/s00/z0000096/index.shtml (Date: 12.06.2013).
5. Gavrjushin N. K. 2006, in Vinograd, vol. 15, pp. 56-60.
6. Igumnov P. 1986, in Bogoslovskje trudy. Jubileynj sbornik «300 let MDA», pp. 174-187.
7. Igumnov P. 1989, Zhurnal Moskovskoj Patriarhii, vol. 2, pp. 70.
8. John F. Hot. in Gumanitarnj ekologicheskij zhurnal, in http://ecoforum2.narod.ru/hem32/digest2.htm (Date: 12.06.2013).
9. Jurevich D. at all. 2006, in Pravoslavnaja bogoslovskaja enciklopedja, vol. 11, pp. 360-390.
10. Kaleda G., Chernyshov S. N. 1999, in Pravoslavie i ecologja, pp. 165-166.
11. Kim N. 2003, in Raj i chelovek: nasledieprepodobnogo Nikity Stifata, pp. 270-272.
12. Kivva K. V. 1999, in Pravoslavie i ekologja, pp. 311.
13. Kuraev A. 1995, in Alfa i omega, vol. 4, pp. 33.
14. Kuraev A. Dary i anafemy. Chto hristianstvoprineslo v mir (Gifts and Anathemas. What Bring Christianiy in the World), in http://azbyka.ru/hristianstvo/sut/Kuraev_Dary_31-all.shtml (12.06.2013).
15. Kurnosov A. M. 1998, in Rozhdestvenskie chtenja, 1998, pp. 345.
16. Litvinova L. 2005, in Pravoslavnaja bogoslovskaja enciklopedja, vol. 9, pp. 109-116.
17. Losskij V. N. Ocherk misticheskogo bogoslovja vostochnoj Cerkvi. Dogmaticheskoe bogoslovie (The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church. Orthodox Theology: An Introduction), Moscow, 1991.
18. Makarov D.I. Antropologja i kosmologja sv. Grigorja Palamy (The Anthropology and Cosmology of St. Grigorij Palama), Saint-Petersburg, 2003.
19. Moldavanov О. I. 1999, in Pravoslavie i ekologja, pp. 267-268.
20. Mumrikov О. 2012 “Chelovek v tehnicheskom mire: vyzovy 21 veka” (Human in Technical World: Challenges of XXI Century), in http://www.bogoslov.ru/text/2246328.html (Date: 12.06.2013).
21. Oldfieid R. 1990, in Globalnye i obshchechelovecheskie cennosti, pp. 196-202.
23. Sagan K. Rech, proiznesennaja 11 maja 1996 goda (Speech, Spoken on 11th May 1996), in http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot (Date: 12.06.2013).
24. Shmelev I. S. Staryj Valaam (The Old Valaam), Moskow, Saint-Petersburg, 1997.
25. Sofronij. Starec Siluan Afonskj (Elder Siluan the Athonite), Moscow, 1996.
26. White L. 1990, in Globalnye problemy i obshchechelovecheskie cennosti, pp. 188-202.
27. Zavarzin G. A. 2003, in Vestnik RAN, in http://www.ras.ru/publishing/rasherald/rasherald_articleinfo.aspx?articleid=943b0eda-844a-4469-86ed-db5b6e09b41a (Date: 12.06.2013).
28. Zenkovskij V. V. Osnovy hristianskoj filosofii (The foundations of Christian philosophy), in http://azbyka.ru/hristianstvo/sut_2/zenkovskiy_osnovy_hristianskoy_philosofii_04-all.shtml#14 (12.06.2013).