To the problem of "historicism" in the Russian academic biblical studies of the late nineteenth century: F.I. Troitsky
Aniskovich Helena (2017)
"To the problem of "historicism" in the Russian academic biblical studies of the late nineteenth century: F.I. Troitsky ",
Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta.
Seriia II : Istoriia. Istoriia Russkoy Pravoslavnoy Tserkvi
pp. 95-116 (in Russian).
DOI of the paper: 10.15382/sturII201778.95-116
The article is devoted to analysis one of the significant but unjustly neglected works in the field of new Testament biblical studies in the second half of the nineteenth century – monograph by F. I. Troitsky. In the center of the considered work is the theme of personal relationships between Ap. Paul and the Twelve apostles, and the problem of correlation of their teachings. The article failed to identify a holistic approach F. I. Troitsky to a number of Central issues in new Testament biblical studies. Main idea of this approach is the concept of faith as a principle of life. The correlation of all the considered in the monograph problems with this concept is the theological method F. I. Troitsky, the use of which is in the process of biblical studies enables him to implement their decision. In this monograph systematically used approach to the test items as time-varying. The hallmark of a theological method F. I. Troitsky is a theological understanding of history, which contains the ideological to solve the problem of correlation of General and sacred history. In this paper, the analysis gives grounds to consider the approach presented in the monograph by F. I. Troitsky as a historical and theological synthesis.
New Testament biblical studies, the apostle of tongues, the apostles of circumcision, a faith, a low, the principle of life, the theological method, historicism
- Inuarii (Ivliev), ierom., “Vklad Sankt-Peterburgskoi Dukhovnoi Akademii v russkuiu bibleistiku”, in: Sbornik, posviashchennyi 175-letiiu Leningradskoi Dukhovnoi Akademii, 1986, 192–198.
- Kunitsyn B., “Iz istorii biblioteki Kazanskoi dukhovnoi akademii”, in: Gasyrlar avazy (Ekho vekov), 3(4), 2010, avialble at: http://www.archive.gov.tatarstan.ru/magazine/go/anonymous/main/?path=mg:/articles/02 (01.10.2017).
- Sukhova N. Iu., “A. A. Dmitrievskii i ucheniki: problema «nauchnoi shkoly» v rossiiskikh dukhovnykh akademiiakh (konets XIX – nachalo XX v.)”, in: Tserkov’. Bogoslovie. Istoriia: Materialy III Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-bogoslovskoi konferentsii, Ekaterinburg, 6–7 fevralia 2015 g., Ekaterinburg: Informatsionno-izdatel’skii sovet EDS, 2015, 583–595.
- Sukhova N. Iu., Vysshaia dukhovnaia shkola. Problemy i reformy. Vtoraia polovina XIX v., Moscow, 2012.
- Porfir’eva I. V., “Biblioteka Kazanskoi dukhovnoi akademii i ee khraniteli”, in: Materialy «kruglogo stola» s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, posviashchennogo 200-letiiu so dnia rozhdeniia V. I. Grigorovicha, Kazan’, 2015.
Information about the author
Aniskovich Helena Place of work:
St. Tikhon’s Orthodox University for the Humanities; 6/1 Likhov pereulok, Moscow 127051, Russian Federation; Email:
I sincerely thank my scientific adviser N. Sukhova for constant attention to the work, for valuable comments and additions to the article.