The article reveals the aspects of the missionary work of an outstanding educator of the peoples of the Volga Region N. I. Il’minsk.. The author discovers the features of Il’minsk.’s missionary system and his pedagogical views, which determined the success of his activities during several decades in the late XIXth c. Keywords: public education, missionary work, the peoples of the Volga Region, people’s schools, teachers, Orthodox Christianity, N. I. Il’minsk.
public education, missionary work, the peoples of the Volga Region, people’s schools, teachers, Orthodox Christianity, N. I. Il’minskij
1. Pobedonostsev K. P. 1892. Russkij Vestnik, no. 2. pp. 31-86.
2. Znamenskij P. V. Na pamjat' o Nikolae Ivanoviche Il'minskom (In memory of N. I. Il'minskij).
3. Nikanor (Kamenskii), bishop. 1909. Kazanskj sbornik statej, pp. 710-736.
4. Vitevskii V. I. N. I. Il'minskj, director Kazanskoj uchitel'skojseminarii (N. I. Il'minskii, director
of the Kazan Pedagogical School). Kazan, 1892.
5. Jakovlev I. Ja. Moja jizn': vospominanja (My life: A Memoir). Moscow, 1997.
6. Zhuravskij A. V. 1999. Nauchno-bogoslovskije trudy po problemam pravoslavnoj missii, no. 1,
7. Il'minskii N. I. Vospominanja ob I. A. Altynsarine, inspectore kirgizskih shkol Turgajskoj oblasti
(The memories about I. A. Altynsrin, inspector of Kyrgyz schools in the Turgay region).
8. Ishakova R. R. Kazanskaja uchitel'skaja seminar ja I eje rol' v podgotovke uchitelej dlja
natsional'nyh shkol (Kazan Pedagogical School and its role in the training of teachers for the
national schools). Kazan, 2001.