The article attends to the history of the relations between the country clergy and the peasants of one of the parishes in the vicinities of Moscow. Analysing the archives of the church and the investigatory cases of the Moscow Ecclesiastical Consistory, the author draws conclusions concerning the peculiarities of the relations between diff erent social groups of the parish. Keywords: country clergy, congregation, the financial support of clergy.
country clergy, congregation, the financial support of clergy
1. Znamenskiy P. V. Prihodskoye dyhovenstvo na Rysi (Parish clergy in Russia). Saint Petersburg, 2003.
2. Stefanovich P. S. Prihod iprihodskoye dyhovenstvo v Rossii v XVI—XVII vv. (Parish and parish clergy in Russia in the XVI-XVII centuries). Moscow, 2002.
3. Bernshtam T. A. Prihodskaya zizn rysskoy derevn: Ocherkipo tserkovnoy etnografii (Russian village parish life: Essays on Church ethnography). Saint Petersburg, 2007.
4. Belonogova U. I. Prihodskoye dyhovenstvo i krestyanskiy mir v nachale XX veka (The parish clergy and peasant world at the beginning of XX century). Moscow, 2010.
5. Shepetkov M. 2005. Moskovskie eparkhialnie vedomosti, no. 5-6.