ISSN (print) — 1991-6485
ISSN (Online) — 2409-4897
St. Tikhon's University Review. Series III: Philology is a scientific periodical of the Faculty of Philology, St. Tikhon's University for the Humanities. It welcomes papers both from staff members of St. Tikhon's University and from members of other educational and scientific institutions, both from Russia and from abroad.
The subject range of the journal is made up by linguistics and literature studies, and includes historical and comparative linguistics, source criticism, New Testament philology. Each year a separate issue publishes materials on philology of the Christian East, including such fields as Arabic, Ethiopian, Coptic and Syrian studies. Alongside scientific papers and book reviews, the journal publishes literary sources, translations, materials for dictionaries, reports of current scientific events.
Since 2010, the journal has been included in the list of peer-reviewed scientific periodicals of the Higher Attestation Commission of the Russian Federation.
Title (in language of publication): Православного Свято-Тихоновского гуманитарного университета. Серия III: Филология.
Transliterated title: Vestnik Pravoslavnogo Sviato-Tikhonovskogo gumanitarnogo universiteta. Seriia III: Filologiia.
Catchword title (in language of publication): Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия III: Филология.
Frequency: 4 issues (No. 1 - March, No. 2 - July, No. 3 - September, No. 4 - December).
Language(s): Russian, English, French, German.
Peer Review type: Double-Blind.
Founder and Publisher: St. Tikhon's Orthodox University.
Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Archpriest Vladimir Vorobiev.
Sections of the Journal
- Articles on a wide range of problems in the field of philology.
- Publications of sources, translations, materials for dictionaries.
- Reviews of recent scientific literature.
- Current Events: reports of significant academic events in linguistics and literature studies.
Access to the electronic archive of the Journal
Immediately after the publication of an issue of the Journal, its electronic archive is published in public domain on the official website of the Journal. The electronic archive of the Journal, which contains editorial versions of papers in PDF format, is also available after publication in the following repositories:
- Russian Science Citation Index (for registered users; the registration in the system is free);
- «Cyberleninka», Russian scientific electronic library (free for all the users; does not require registration).
Retraction of papers
The Journal reserves the right for the retraction of papers. The term retraction implies the withdrawal of a paper submitted to the Journal, which can take place in the in following cases:
- revealing facts of fabrication or falsification of the data presented in the paper,
- revealing borrowings that are unjustified in terms of the content and the volume.