Янушкявичене О. Л. Джеймс Фаулер о психологии развития веры // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия IV: Педагогика. Психология. 2015. Вып. 1 (36). С. 95-101. DOI: 10.15382/sturIV201536.95-101
This paper deals with the experimental study of the faith by James Fowler. Fowler developed techniques and he collected a wealth of experimental data, which represent a signiﬁcant potential for researchers to the development of the religious identity of the person. James Fowler's study are based on the works of E. Erickson, L. Kohlberg, J. Piaget. Based on 359 interviews, Fowler postulated sequence of six discrete stages of development of the faith, which are gradually being built at an earlier stage. For each of the stages Fowler developed multidimensional measurement, highlighting the seven constituent aspects. Stage of relative stability interspersed with periods of transition, during which one or more aspects of belief change in its form, until all aspects not move into a new, stable stage.
James Fowler, Stages of Faith Development, religious identity of the person, interviews, issues, transition periods
1. Janushkjavichene O. L. 2005 “«Chto est' chelovek, chto Ty pomnish' ego», ili Glavnaja zadacha kazhdogo vozrastnogo perioda zhizni cheloveka” (“What Is Human, that You Remember Him”, or Main Objective of Every Age Period of Human Life), in Materialy Ezhegodnoj Bogoslovskoj konferencii PSTBI, Moscow, 2005, pp. 134–145.
2. Astley J. 2000 “On Gaining and Losing Faith with Style: A Study of Post-Modernity and or Confusion among College Students”, in Francis L. J. and Katz Y. J. (eds.) Joining and Leaving Religion: Research Perspectives, Leominster, 2000, pp. 249–268.
3. Kohlberg L. 1969 “Stage and Sequence: The Cognitive Developmental Approach to Socialization”, in Handbook of Socialization Theory and Research, Chicago, 1969, pp. 347–480.
4. Parks S. The Critical Years: The Young Adult Search for a Faith to Live by, San Francisco, 1986.
5. Piaget J. Six Psychological Studies, New York, 1967.