Rev. op.: Антоний (Михайловский), архиеп. О личном спасении: богословское сочинение. — Ростов-на-Дону: ЗАО «Книга», 2009. — 160 с.
Гончаров В. А. [Review] // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия II: История. История Русской Православной Церкви. 2011. Вып. 5 (42). С. 137-146. — Rev. op.: Антоний (Михайловский), архиеп. О личном спасении: богословское сочинение. — Ростов-на-Дону: ЗАО «Книга», 2009. — 160 с.
Гончаров М. А., Плохова М. Г. Священный Синод и его роль в системе подготовки педагогических кадров в дореволюционной России // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия IV: Педагогика. Психология. 2015. Вып. 2 (37). С. 80-88. DOI: 10.15382/sturIV201537.80-88
Recently began to revive interest in the Church and its spiritual and educational institutions, viewing them in the perspective of the overall process of capacity building of the Russian society. In historical science, they are not considered to be educational, although something spiritual Academy and Seminary of the XVIII — ﬁrst half of the nineteenth century can be considered as such. The article analyzes the group of the concepts of «spiritual education institutions», «spiritual education», «spiritual school». Revealed the idea of creating a centralized management spiritually-educational institutions, the role of the Holy Synod in the organization and management of spiritually-educational and pedagogical institutions (diocesan school, second-class Church school teacher, and others) in pre-revolutionary Russia. Discusses the organization's projects in Russia uniﬁed spiritual education (1766–1778). Examines the complicated relationships in the sphere of national education Ministry of National Education and of the Holy Synod and of the Committee on the improvement of theological schools. Shows historical and cultural importance of teacher training in female diocesan schools, in the formation of the teacher corps for parochial schools.
the Holy Synod, spiritual educational institutions, religious education, teacher education, religious schools, seminarian, diocesan girl's school, a second-class parish schools (Church-school teacher).
1. Istoricheskij ocherk razvitija cerkovno-prihodskih shkol za istekshee dvadcatipjatiletie (1884–1909 gg.) (Historical Survey of Development of Church Parish Schools for Passed 25 Years (1884–1909)), Saint-Petersburg, 1909.
2. Florovskij G. Puti russkogo bogoslovija (Ways of Russian Theology), Paris, 1937.
Гончаров В. А. «Необходимо созвать новый Вселенский Собор, и в этом ближайшая и неотложная задача Церкви» // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия II: История. История Русской Православной Церкви. 2011. Вып. 6 (43). С. 117-144.
the abbots of the temple of Christ the Savior, the reunification of the Orthodox and Catholic Churches, persecution of religion in Russia, Patriarch Tikhon
≪I am Very Grateful to You, and Most Importantly for the Light, Which is Lacking Here≫. From the Correspondence of Bishop Afanasy (Sakharov) and Hieromonk Ieraks (Bocharov) With Tatyana Kameneva≫
Гончаров В. А., Косик О. В. ≪Спасибо Вам за все, а главное за свет, которого здесь очень мало≫. Из переписки Т. Н. Каменевой с епископом Афанасием (Сахаровым) и иеромонахом Иераксом (Бочаровым) // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия II: История. История Русской Православной Церкви. 2016. Вып. 3 (70). С. 119-137. DOI: 10.15382/sturII201670.119-137
The present publication contains documents from PSTGU Church-historical archive (Fund 1, inventory 4; bishop Afanasy (Sakharov)) and private collection of A. V. Kornilova (nee Kameneva) — the correspondence of St.Afanasy and hieromonk Ieraks (Bocharov) with Tatyana Kameneva, a research associate of The Lenin State library. These letters written to the 1950s contain data on everyday life of St. Afanasy and hieromonk Ieraks after their release from GULAG. T. N. Kameneva, the spiritual daughter of hieromonk Iyeraks, was one of many church devotees who gave irreplaceable and essential help to clergy and laymen pursued for political reasons. The preface to these letters contains the detailed biography of Tatyana Nilovna and her relatives, and also information about her acquaintances, members of so-called “nepominayushchie” orthodox communities, many of them were repressed. These letters have adequately imprinted the atmosphere of church life in the1950s.
Bishop Afanasy (Sakharov), Hieromonk Ieraks (Bocharov), T. N. Kameneva, Church of St. Cyrus and John on Solyanka, The Church’s opposition Persecution of the Russian Orthodox Church,New Martyrs and Confessors of the Russian Orthodox Church, Akathist Hymn.
Orthodox Teaching Ideas in Education in Russia before the XVIII Century (on Materials of Folk Oral Tradition and Old Works)
Гончаров М. А. Православно-педагогические идеи в образовании и воспитании в России накануне XVIII века (по материалам устного творчества и древнерусских произведений) // Вестник ПСТГУ. Серия IV: Педагогика. Психология. 2016. Вып. 2 (41). С. 63-75. DOI: 10.15382/sturIV201641.63-75
The article presents the results of a study on the establishment and development of the system of education in Russia before the XVIII century. It is shown that by the beginning of XVIII century in the Russian state there was an original true Russian Orthodox paradigm of education based on the deep traditions of folk and Orthodox pedagogy, which contributed to the fact that many sincerely believed in the General prosperity, and longed for his whole nation, has developed community standards of living, including, and in the education of children all together. Originality understanding of education of the Russian people expressed in the quest for the immortality of the kind. A strengthening of the large family was one of the manifestations of love for his native land, serve the motherland, its well-being. Deeply humane were the idea and practice of the teachings of «living for others», to consider the needs of others — without prejudice to himself. This helped the young aware of their place in the human community, the education of responsibility to others. The «didactic» works of ancient Russia reﬂ ected the people's experience of purposeful education of love for all living things, sobriety, endurance, and work to overcome the ills of life; the ability to not cause angry people to communicate, as well as the widespread use of prevention methods of the young men about the possible negative consequences of violations of the hostel rules. These ﬁ ndings were based on a comprehensive analysis of the works of ancient «Bee», «the Precept of Volodymyr Monomakh to the children», «children's Citizenship practices» Epiphany Slavinskogo, analysis of the activities of the academies — Mohyla in Kiev and the Slavic-Greek-Latin in Moscow.
folk pedagogy, humanism, Church, Orthodoxy, education, values, family, creativity.
1. Afanas'ev T. M. Semejnye portrety (Family Portraits), Moscow, 1985.
2. Gromov M. N. 1983 “Pamjatniki drevnerusskoj literatury kak istochnik izuchenija rannego jetapa otechestvennoj pedagogiki” (Memorials of Old Russian Literature as Source for Study of Early Stage of Russian Pedagogics), in Prosveshhenie i pedagogicheskaja mysl' Drevnej Rusi, Moscow, 1983, pp. 41–42.
3. Komarovskij B. B. Russkaja pedagogicheskaja terminologija: teorii i istorija (Russian Pedagogical Terminology: Theories and History), Moscow, 1969.
4. Kornetov G. B. Gumanisticheskoe obrazovanie: tradicii i perspektivy (Humanistic Education: Traditions and Perspectives), Moscow, 1993, pp. 74–75.
5. Kosheleva O. E. 1992 “«Dushevnoe stroenie» v Drevnej Rusi” (“Soul Structure” in Old Rus’), in Svobodnoe vospitanie, Moscow, 1992, vol. 1, pp. 15–18.
6. Kurbatov G. L. Rannevizantijskie portrety: k istorii obshhestvenno-politicheskoj mysli (Early Byzantine Portraits: to History of Social-Political Thought), Leningrad, 1991.
7. Tarasov B. 1989 “P. Ja. Chaadaev i russkaja literatura pervoj poloviny XIX veka” (P. Ja. Chaadaev and Russian Literature of First Half of XIX Century), in P. Ja. Chaadaev. Stat'i i pis'ma, Moscow, 1989, p. 9.
8. Kosheleva O. E., Moshkova L. V (eds.) Shkola pedagogiki v kul'ture Drevnej Rusi (Pedagogical School in Culture of Old Rus’), Moscow, 1992, vol. 1.